Mr. Love

Mekstar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm new to TPF. I wanted to post a shot I took of my cat yesterday, to see what you guys think. This shot was taken indoors with my Pentax *ist DS, f/4.5, 1/60 sec. ISO 200. I worked the tones slightly in Adobe Lightroom afterwards. Let me know what you think. Comments & suggestions please.

Mr_Love.jpg

The only time I like selective coloring is with eyes. Nice job; you captured your cat well (although you did cut off the tips of his ears; watch out for that in future times), and the lighting is perfect! :thumbup:
Oh, and welcome to TPF. :mrgreen:

Am I wrong, I didn't see that as selective coloring...I thought that was the coloring of the cat...in any case...Very cool shot...I like it

Am I wrong, I didn't see that as selective coloring...I thought that was the coloring of the cat...in any case...Very cool shot...I like it

No, you're right. It is a full color shot taken against a dark bg. The cat is light grey and white in color. I adjusted the following in Adobe Lightroom;

Temp 5000
Tint +10
----------------
Exposure +1.73
Recovery 78
Fill Light 64
Blacks 30
----------------
Brightness 0
Contrast 0
----------------
Vibrance +97
Saturation -76

Here is the original...

Mr_LoveOG.jpg

Like I said just a few slight tweaks...

Thank you both for the positive feedback. I just got my Pentax a few days ago and am very excited to get back into photography. I took a 6 year break from it and now wishing I never had. It's not like riding a bike, I forgot a whole lot of tricks I used to know. Also switiching from 35mm photography to DSLR is big difference. Expecially after such a long break.

I love this picture!!!! I was a little disapointed though that his/her ears and nose are cut off. Watch out for that... I think it lost a lot of impact with the those parts cut off. You did a great job (in my eyes) editing it in Adobe Lightroom.

The cut off ears dont really matter much to me, but the cut off nose does. It really should be there.

not a bad image
It sems that is little bit dark
also would be better to have a better composition

Most reactions

Back