Mr Postman brought me a new toy yesterday

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by Phranquey, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Phranquey

Phranquey TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I just got my early Christmas present...

My 500mm f/4P.....:boogie:

It's the older manual focus version, but it's far better than the one I didn't have. Here it is compared to the 70-200:

[​IMG]

It arrived while I was at work yesterday, and I didn't get home until after dark, so I just had to take it out today. I ran across this fellow (sharp-skinned hawk) at the local park while he was looking for a meal.
    It was very cloudy & dreary today, so I can't wait to see how this thing does with some better light.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  2. benhasajeep

benhasajeep TPF Noob!

I keep looking at them on ebay. Just can't pull the trigger yet. I had a nikon 300 f2.8 af stolen. I replaced it with a tokina 300 f2.8 mf and have had no problems with it. I would not mind at all a MF version of the 500 or 600.

Consider me very jealous. :drool: :thumbup: :D

3. Phranquey

Phranquey TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I picked this one up off of ebay (all of my equipment has come from ebay). It's from a seller I had been keeping an eye on for about a year. Wanted to make sure before dropping that kind of money.
    Bummer on getting a lens like that stolen...that's precisely why I have a separate rider on my home owner's policy just for my photo equipment. I've never had to use it, but it's a BIG comfort knowing it's there.

4. Ls3D

Ls3D TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Sweeeet! Looking good - Maybe you can make some xmas gifts with it.. when the light is out.

I don't know that I'll ever carry that kind of crotch weight! Congratulations on your huge new member of the family. :thumbup:

-Shea

5. jim marshall

jim marshall TPF Noob!

i got a 500 mm compact lenes on order can't wait 2 try it out:mrgreen: