John Sampson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerahdah.com.na
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi All

I'm new to the forum. I live and work in Namibia, which is on the South West coast of Africa, between South Africa and Angola. I mention this only because many people have no idea where Namibia is.

I was born in Cape Town, South Africa, and my alma mater is the University of Cape Town. I studied Fine Art at the Michaelis School of Fine Art. Photography was one of my disciplines though I majored in Painting, Art Theory and Art History.

I've been in Architecture for about 27 years, but have no further interest in that discipline since retiring about 20 years ago at age 47.

Since moving to Namibia with my Namibian wife, I entered the University of Namibia and did a Masters in Theology & Religion. My wife and youngest daughter are lecturers at the university in the Drama Department; the reason for the relocation.
I have my own Fine Art Gallery in Windhoek, the capital viz. Kerahdah Gallery of Contemporary Art, which can be accessed at [email protected]

I shoot with three analogue Canons viz. A1, AE & TLb, a Panasonic Lumix FZ50, a Mamiya 645, and have recently acquired a Kodak Retina 1b, which I bought on the street in Bremen Germany recently, where I am at the moment, until 29 November. The Retina is in super condition and I'm putting various films through it to see how it copes with new film. By the way, it is the same model that Edmund Hilary used to record the conquest of Mount Everest in 1955.

My preference is shooting on the street, and I hope to post some of the Retina results once I'm home in December. That's about it from me.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back