Mrs. H - probably NSFW

the pose here really just isn't working for me. Others may have other opinions and insight. Nice try.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure about it. I like it a bit more the longer I look at it.

sailor hat.
Um . . . Marine Corps, not sailor's.

Good catch - yes, USMC :) Both she and her husband.

I really love the photo, myself. My client did say she thought it was too bright (though she loves the photo) - I really don't see an image with the exposure (aside from that shadow, but that was more light placement than anything). Comments on that?

Yes, some of the shadows seem a bit hard (left of her nose, the sofa on her shoulder) -- it contrasts with the overall softness of the shot. I might be tempted to remove the white reflection from the band on the hat (I guess a strobe). just below the badge, but I don't see anything wrong with the exposure, itself.

No issues for me. I think the lighting is very good. In this shot I think keeping the cover in strong light is entirely keeping with the USMC ethos.

HUAH!

No issues for me. I think the lighting is very good. In this shot I think keeping the cover in strong light is entirely keeping with the USMC ethos.

HUAH!

Thanks! I tried to be as careful and as respectful as possible - and it took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out what "cover" meant during our initial consult lol

I'm not sure about it. I like it a bit more the longer I look at it.

sailor hat.
Um . . . Marine Corps, not sailor's.
yeah, i will admit i didn't even look more than a couple sec . The dof ended to abrupt for me. Made the head and particuliarly the nose pop way too much. with the pop on the nose and the lipstick heavy and upside down the first thought that entered my mind was clown like. i didn't like the dark on the left, but mostly i think it was just too close, with not enough dof and a soft blend through the frame. i didn't think it captured the subject in a flattering way. comes off as somewhat awkward. Realizing what can be revealed in this section is limited, i would expect to see a hint of sexuality in a photo of this type, top of the breast or hint of, a long leg in focus. some hints of sexuality. i cant get passed the upside down clown feeling with the head looking abnormally big and nose abnormally large. i think it was just shot too close, questionable pose for flattering the subjects features and dof problems with not enough sexuality. The blacked out left side is somewhat concern but not the main issue here. But there are those MUCH more qualified than me to comment on this. i would question the makeup too but even that is hard to tell because of how this was taken. i don't get sexuality from this image, if that was the intended purpose. i do appreciate the o.p's attempt.

It's not working for me on a few levels. When I shoot I take a number of frames (300-600) and try a bunch of poses, angles, lighting. I can see myself trying this one but not taking it to post. The lighting is a bit harsh with extreme dropoff. That alone wouldn't be too much a detriment but the angle is awkward, the hat is blocking all of her curves (which in my opinion is important, the curves). The legs leaving the frame is fine but the reappearance of her right lower leg and heel a distraction.

One more thing, and don't take this wrong, using the USMC emblem in a photo and NOT on the head of a Marine is taboo and could cause the Marine issues. Be careful with that. I've had USAF women pose for me and using any form of US Property is strictly prohibited, as sexy as it could be!

It's not working for me on a few levels. When I shoot I take a number of frames (300-600) and try a bunch of poses, angles, lighting. I can see myself trying this one but not taking it to post. The lighting is a bit harsh with extreme dropoff. That alone wouldn't be too much a detriment but the angle is awkward, the hat is blocking all of her curves (which in my opinion is important, the curves). The legs leaving the frame is fine but the reappearance of her right lower leg and heel a distraction.

One more thing, and don't take this wrong, using the USMC emblem in a photo and NOT on the head of a Marine is taboo and could cause the Marine issues. Be careful with that. I've had USAF women pose for me and using any form of US Property is strictly prohibited, as sexy as it could be!

Thank you. I will let her know the concerns regarding the emblem. I really wasn't sure, and probably should have studied up more, on how it's used. I have others that don't show it. Then again, maybe she just doesn't care (which would be unfortunate), given the large emblem tattoo on her lower back. I may refrain from using this specific image publicly because of this.

I'll upload some more in a few - though they may end up moderated ;)

Concept is great. The framing feels very tight to me.

I really enjoyed some of the other shots you took and have on you Flickr site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back