Mrs. Stern

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by manaheim, Jun 5, 2010.

1. manaheim

manaheim Jedi Bunnywabbit Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    My daughter recently attended a field trip to our last remaining one-room schoolhouse here in my town. (we used to have 3) Anyway, I had the opportunity to shoot the event and one of the things they wanted was for the pictures to look old-fashioned.

Now, I've recently been struggling with the fact that old-fashioned to most people seems to mean sepia-toned, but that's really not old-fashioned... it's just, well, sepia toned. :) It's only a part of the equation.

So I wanted a better old look, but I also had to do this to some 250 pictures... so it had to be something that could be automated via an action script in photoshop. ALSO... I wanted to "cheat" as little as possible (granted that Photoshop in general is cheating. :lol:), so I allowed myself to only use the tools available to me in photoshop.

Anyway, after a bit of research, lots of time staring at old pictures, and a bit of finagling, I finally came up with an end result I'm pretty happy with.

Here's an example of the end result...

[​IMG]

Anyway, just wanted to share.

2. ifi

ifi TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Very well done. It does look old for sure. I like the expression on the lady's face. Mission accomplished :thumbup:

3. DanEitreim

DanEitreim TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Good stuff! It truly does look old fashioned. The only suggestion I could throw in would be to add in a few blotches and stains to make it look like the photo has been around a long time and seen some wear and tear.

Dan

4. manaheim

manaheim Jedi Bunnywabbit Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit

Thanks guys!

I had considered the stains and blotches but decided it would be too overt and noticably the same on 250 pictures (since I'm doing this in batches).