Ms. R. Profile - brutalize away

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by ringnebula, Dec 16, 2004.

1. ringnebula

ringnebula TPF Noob!

[​IMG]

Once again - go ahead with the negativeness.....

2. andycarnall

andycarnall TPF Noob!

To me it falls between two camps - I think it would look better if you either went much closer and had leff background, or left the background in but move a bit further away so you're not slicing the top of her head off.[/list]

3. ajmall

ajmall TPF Noob!

love the tones. but yes u could go in closer

4. Hertz van Rental

Hertz van Rental TPF Noob!

I think the angle is too high. Profiles tend to work better if shot nearer to eye level. It would help with the chin area - doesn't work well: I think it makes the chin look pointy? And I'm not happy about the dark shadow at the neck.
    The lighting might be a little too hard - can be unflattering and it seems to be making her squint a bit. But on second and third look I think the light is actually OK.
    Background is good, though you want to loose that shadow top left. Crop the strip off - I think it will give the picture a better overall balance.
    Actually not too bad. What you should do is take the picture again - now that you have seen the picture you will look closer when taking it again. Do a whole shoot trying slight variations. It will pay off ;-)