MS wildlife pt. 2 anorexic deer

user3977

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
well here is a little buck that i got a few shots of from the inlaws. something about it does not look right in the composure. tried to edit it in canon's raw image program.

edit_0007.jpg

Just a couple of tweaks (I use Capture NX but the same can be done in photoshop by screwing around with masks).

I highlighted the body of the dear and the head of the deer, and I lightened them up a tad, gave just them a bit more saturation and contrast... which gives kind of a "halo" effect around the deer's body... not much but it helps.

Then I used Unsharp Mask on just the body & head of the deer and nothing else.

EDITED: After looking at it I decided to crop it so the animal wasn't centered... I find that if you crop it the way I did it give the animal movement without it moving... the eye can see where it was planning to go, and you can imagine it slowly walking forward...

Spent less than 2 minutes on it. What do you think? Is it better? If so, why? If not, why?

d2.jpg

That's a very sad sight..

i like that the deer stands out better. i really need to learn more of the ps work on my pictures. and yes from you experts, i know it should be done when you take the picture but im slowly getting there to :p

Most reactions

Back