msn messager

hmm well I like MSN, if you have your PC set up right it shouldn't give you any problems... I never get viruses... and yes it can be set so that it doesn't pop up all over the screen and can be passworded... messenger online is the same thing but via internet explorer... it's pretty new and is quite buggy and has a habit of not working at all sometimes... I use it when I'm at uni because we aren't allowed to install external files on the pc's there..

Does Miranda IM have any of the issues I'm worried about with MSN?

messenger online is the same thing but via internet explorer... it's pretty new and is quite buggy and has a habit of not working at all sometimes... I use it when I'm at uni because we aren't allowed to install external files on the pc's there..
Thanks for that. I won't get it then because I use Opera. :)

4HourNap said:
FireFox rocks. FREE download from www.mozilla.org. If you have broadband, you will be able to download, install, and be browsing within 6 or 7 minutes total.

You have to install plug-ins individually (like FLASH, if you must), but it's really pretty easy, and the Mozilla site has plenty of resources.

Since I installed an early version (Firebird, at the time) over two years ago, I have counted the number of pop-ups on my computer. Five. Total. That's with default settings, and I run NO Adware, Spyware, etc. It's also much faster than IE, and much more customizable. And tabbed browsing is cool. Just get it.

I agree completely. I use Firefox exclusively and never get spyware or viruses either. I work on computers for my college, and am slowly moving them over to using Firefox from IE.

Also, Trillian is great. It's five different protocols all rolled into one (ICQ, AOL IM, MSN, Y!, IRC), so I don't need to run five different programs just to chat.

I used IE for a long time. We still use it. I'm the only one who doesn't. We've never had problem with viruses or trojans. I've never had a virus programme running. I scan when I can be bothered. It's all to do with common sense I think. If you're going to download stuff, look at what it is. The same goes for opening files.

The only time we had a virus was when we had win98 and there was one I knew was sitting there. It did no harm so I left it. I got fed up one day and told Norton to go find it. It never did, ever. I had to get rid of it by hand which took a who five minutes. That's part of the reason why I think Norton is a big lump of stinky poo.

Yeah, I hate Norton too. I've used Norton, McAfee, Trend Micro, and AVG. AVG always seemed to work best for me. And it's free! So if any of you don't have antivirus software (i can't imagine!), then head over to http://grisoft.com and download AVG Antivirus Free.

Congrats to me, I'm using Firefox now...hopefully down with ad/spyware!!! I need to go and install this on my parents computer too! Thanks for the links and the help!!!

ferny... ill speak with you... yep... just to flip crap with you.. and stuff... hey.. when are you gonna enter for the photochallenge on DRP??? hurry up man.... come on..!!!! you too santino and corry

oriecat said:
I'll talk to you, ferny! :) Of course we're usually not online at the same times...
I dunno. With your sleeping paterns I think we're awake at the same time. :lol:

Woo, I've got people to talk to! :mrgreen:

ferny... ill speak with you... yep... just to flip crap with you.. and stuff... hey.. when are you gonna enter for the photochallenge on DRP??? hurry up man.... come on..!!!! you too santino and corry
Do you mean www.darkroompros.com ? :mrgreen:
I had an idea for an entry actually. I better go take it.

Most reactions

Back