Mt. Albion Falls - Hamilton, Ont (C&C)

Flems

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just another shot of a local waterfall. Feel free to let me know what you think.

4131306051_1a8665d06c_b.jpg

What a beautiful shot, I love the composition and the color of this one!!!!

Not me I think it looks perfect.. I wish we had these little falls where I live. :thumbup:. The final photo is a success if the photo taker is happy with his/her work :)

Pleasing overall shot. The highlights seem a bit blown out imho, may just be my screen. If you get these types of shots before the sun is full up, it is easier to keep the highlights under control.

"OH MY GOD" is literally what I said when I opened this thread. BEAUTIFUL shot! The water and composition is just fantastic. What lens/focal length did you take for this spectacle? :thumbup:

Pleasing overall shot. The highlights seem a bit blown out imho, may just be my screen. If you get these types of shots before the sun is full up, it is easier to keep the highlights under control.

I think its just dialed in the perfect amount. IIRC, there weren't any highlight warnings, and any higher would have done it. I did turn the output levels setting down prior to this and it helped a fair bit actually.

"OH MY GOD" is literally what I said when I opened this thread. BEAUTIFUL shot! The water and composition is just fantastic. What lens/focal length did you take for this spectacle? :thumbup:

Thanks! It was taken with an Olympus 14-54mm f/2.8-3.5 at 14mm. And remember that Oly has a 2x crop ratio as well. I WISH I had a wider lens; the Oly 7-14mm would be a dream, but that's a few $$$'s away.

I think its just dialed in the perfect amount. IIRC, there weren't any highlight warnings, and any higher would have done it. I did turn the output levels setting down prior to this and it helped a fair bit actually.

As I said, it may be my monitor. Have you tried any hdr imaging? You may be suprised how much detail is in the white areas of an image like the one you posted. It can make a really good image like the one you posted into a mag cover image. Pete :)

I have tried HDR shots before, and some with great success, others not so much. I was thinking of doing it for this shot, but I felt it was exposed well enough for my liking.

Where I live here in Hamilton, Ont. there is over 120 waterfalls! This one actually happens to be only 5 min. from my house, so I could try a similar angled shot in HDR sometime soon.

P.S. Feel free to keep any comments/critiques coming.

I have tried HDR shots before, and some with great success, others not so much. I was thinking of doing it for this shot, but I felt it was exposed well enough for my liking.

Where I live here in Hamilton, Ont. there is over 120 waterfalls! This one actually happens to be only 5 min. from my house, so I could try a similar angled shot in HDR sometime soon.

P.S. Feel free to keep any comments/critiques coming.

As a snow scene, this would make an awsome shot.

Oddly enough, I've been itching to get out after our first decent snowfall here. We still haven't even had one yet! But, I think I'm going to be a little busy when the time comes lol.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back