Muay Thai

Just want to say - easy

Lashing out at other people has not gotten anyone very far - just an honest observation.

And if you do not want to hear what could be improved one way or another, why post pictures up here? You have been here a fair while, and should notice, that critique will be given once pictures are posted...

And without trying to critique anything, I would have to agree with iAstonish on this, that there are very few shots of gloves connecting with faces - amateur or not.
Now, I am not a sports photographer, but being a sports enthusiast I enjoy visiting fights (here in Asia) a lot. Fists (gloved or not) tend to connect with peoples heads / torsos - amateur or professional, and that is what I understand by "contact shots"

Anyways - just my advice, take it or leave it.
:thumbup::thumbup:
why waste your time posting pictures, then blow up over C/C? Dont want it? Dont post. easy solution.

It is a riddle... ...

Especially since no one is actually cc-ing them actually. iAstonish only added, that a few "contact shots" would have been nice...

Ah well - :confused:

It is a riddle... ...

Especially since no one is actually cc-ing them actually. iAstonish only added, that a few "contact shots" would have been nice...

Ah well - :confused:

I stand corrected..lol Went right over my head.. ok, " COMMENTING" ( which is what someone does when one another shares his photos).. am i correct? You post.... for a response of some sort. :lol::lmao:

Yeah one comment.. and he blew up.

Lashing out at other people has not gotten anyone very far - just an honest observation.
Not in my case- That's how I got into this industry in the first place.

And here's my advice for those of you who care to expound on what a fight event consists of: get off your asses and shoot one.

It's a very simple premise. I'm not "lashing out", I'm not angry. I'm telling you like it is- it's difficult enough to take those iconic shots when the conditions are perfect, never mind when faces are obscured, lighting is limited, rounds are shorter, when the referee ignores who he's standing in front of. Under perfect conditions even a seasoned "sports photographer" can come away with nothing when they shoot fights- it happens. But to address the issue of connectivity- yes, I have many shots "connecting" from this event. And most of them are when they were in a dark spot in the ring, in a spot that made no ripples in the flesh thanks to padding, a padded fist to a padded head that looks more like a pillow fight than compelling action.

Ten more of you can pile into this thread, and I'll tell you the same thing: go shoot an event, or you'll have NO IDEA what it's like

Ok first off guy... dont come in here posting pictures expecting anything less.( especially with as much as you have contributed to this site) You post and then when someone comments on them--blow up at them.Rude. What were you expecting??
This is a photo forum, that is how this works. If you cant come in here like a big boy and take comments, critique or criticism like a BIG BOY, then maybe you should leave with you " holier than thou" attitude, huh?

Rather than telling us why *you* cant make the perfect shot under whatever conditions you've been handed, rounds too short, not enough light..yadda yadda yaddaa.. and before we have right to speak, get out and shoot the action ourselves.

get over yourself...:thumbdown:

Yeah, you post 5 unanswered post back to back to yourself, and I'm the one "blowing up". How embarrassing for you.

My challenge hasn't changed- if any of you think you can do what I do, get off your ass and produce. If I wanted Amateur Night at the Laff Hole I'd turn on cable access.

Do you have your period or something?

No, but your mother is. I can tell because she's only wearing one sock.

Please.

Yeah, you post 5 unanswered post back to back to yourself, and I'm the one "blowing up". How embarrassing for you.

My challenge hasn't changed- if any of you think you can do what I do, get off your ass and produce. If I wanted Amateur Night at the Laff Hole I'd turn on cable access.

Do you have your period or something?
No, but your mother is. I can tell because she's only wearing one sock.

Please.

lol you're a really insecure little man.

And apparently you're neither qualified to fight nor take fight photography. It was a simple enough challenge, but you want to talk tampons.

Well, whatever. You have fun counting blurry toes, pixel-peeping, sniffing flowers, or whatever it is you do. I'm going to get paid.

Bye.

And apparently you're neither qualified to fight nor take fight photography. It was a simple enough challenge, but you want to talk tampons.

Well, whatever. You have fun counting blurry toes, pixel-peeping, sniffing flowers, or whatever it is you do. I'm going to get paid.

Bye.

I shoot NCAA division 1 basketball and get paid too :thumbup:

But thanks, go cry some more.

Uh Oh! I think somebody has a case of the know-it-alls. Seems to me that all you were expecting by posting your pics was: "Wow", "Man, I sure wish I had your talent", "That's tough, but you nailed it", or "You are a photo god".

FYI, I may have NO IDEA about shooting these events, but it doesn't take a high end lens to recognize low self esteem and an attitude problem.

Not in my case- That's how I got into this industry in the first place.

And here's my advice for those of you who care to expound on what a fight event consists of: get off your asses and shoot one.

Ten more of you can pile into this thread, and I'll tell you the same thing: go shoot an event, or you'll have NO IDEA what it's like.

That will no doubt be a popular opinion here, and with good reason: it was by design created to kiss the ass of those around you and "go with the flow" of the current conversation that has me being in the adversarial position. It's very easy to conform and reiterate what's already been said. It takes virtually no originality, and it's a very safe way to "make a point". I suppose it's healthier than say winning friends and influencing people through fellatio, though only slightly more dignified.

Well, I have a point of my own to make: I don't even know if you own a camera, but then that's not why you're here. You chose to make your very first post here by jumping on a band wagon and doing so with all the depth and insight- not with the wisdom of Solomon- but of a Hallmark Greeting card. So while you're tallying subjects you have "no idea" about, feel free to add psychology and debating to that list. On second thought, maybe the French arts would be a better subject for you.

All this anger and hostility.. Pie anyone?!?:sexywink:

This snap guy spends most of his time posting stuff on photo forums all over the web. Don't know how he has time to take pictures.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back