Muay Thai

Snap boy is an A-hole!!!!!! Asked him a simple question once and he wanted to get paid for his answer services. We don't need people like him on this forum. I am glad I am not the only one who does not like him.

The bottom line with me dispensing free advice is I just don't do it anymore. Sorry kid, but if you can afford cameras, lenses, cards, filters, strobes, and books you can also afford your education. I've spent hundreds of hours shooting in front of cages and boxing rings, spent thousands of hours reviewing and learning my work, have tailored my equipment to shooting these events, and you think I owe you the information it's taken me four years to acquire just because you asked for it.

Think again.

The bottom line with me dispensing free advice is I just don't do it anymore. Sorry kid, but if you can afford cameras, lenses, cards, filters, strobes, and books you can also afford your education. I've spent hundreds of hours shooting in front of cages and boxing rings, spent thousands of hours reviewing and learning my work, have tailored my equipment to shooting these events, and you think I owe you the information it's taken me four years to acquire just because you asked for it.

Think again.

He said he asked you a simple question. It took you thousand of hours to gather simple information?

Looks like there are plenty of contact shots going on in this thread

uff.jpg

Would you prefer an unobstructed view of his groin?
Assuming his testicles weren't hanging out, I don't understand why you have the lens flare. IMHO it's just more distracting but to each his own.

never mind when faces are obscured, lighting is limited, rounds are shorter, when the referee ignores who he's standing in front of.
Bit of an old thread but i have to ask, in what events does the referee pay attention whether the photograpers are getting a good view of the action or not??? I sure wouldn't want to fight under his supervision! :lol:

An experienced ref in a pro fight with significant media coverage is probably aware of designated photographer positions and can try to not get in front of them when there is not much fighting going on. However once things heat up (when the best action shots will be) he'd better concentrate on watching what is going on between the fighters, not where his ass is in relation to the cameras!

As a photographer I make it my business to not only know the fighters, but the promoters, members of the commission, the announcers, ring card girls, and yes, even the referees. Once you establish a good working relationship with a referee not only are they more cognizant of where the established photographers are, they even bring the winners if the fights to you.

9.jpg

That's cool and professional... the context made it seem like some refs try to stand out of your way during the fight! :)

Snap.....You are mean... If your so good why are you wasting your time here? Your so good why are you not teaching at a university?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back