Mucho help needed......

PNA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The shot was taken on the grayest of sky days.....nothing but smog in the air and gray-white. I thought of putting in a sky from another shot to brighten up the shot, but......

I know the sky looks fakeish and the white halo around the trees and "rock piles" are there, so....help me get ride of the halo and make the shot seem more realistic, please.

7985-AbdulGenie1TPF.jpg

It is a "Photoshop Challenge", so I placed your photo and plea for help into the Photoshop Challenges Forum, OK?

And I think you get best results if you either post the original and let people work with it, or mail them your large version of this edit. There is little that can be done with a photo at this size. Less even when you have already done your part.

It is a "Photoshop Challenge", so I placed your photo and plea for help into the Photoshop Challenges Forum, OK?

And I think you get best results if you either post the original and let people work with it, or mail them your large version of this edit. There is little that can be done with a photo at this size. Less even when you have already done your part.

Thanks for the move....and I will post the original in a typical .JPG format.

Hi PNA--

I'd leave the sky as it is. But add some saturation to the shot to bring out the color.... Here's what I did.

Attachments

• $7985-AbdulGenie2TPF[1].jpg
    $7985-AbdulGenie2TPF[1].jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 188
OK, Corrina.....I'm waiting for your edit.:D

OK, I tried SOMETHING, but I am not sure this is any good. I cannot avoid to have the little pyramid in the background look like a painted background...

PNA_7985-AbdulGenie2TPF_myedit.jpg

But at least I tried...

How about a hazy Florida sky over the pyramids of Egypt, :).

sky_pyramid.jpg

Wow!
I like that.
I simply don't know how it can be done! I do NOT... Hmph. Good one, DV8.

I selected the sky with the magic wand and set the feather to .5 (since the photo's so small only) ... and then I simply filled in the colour which I had chosen from the colour palette before. I cannot cut skies out of other pics and thus well place them into another photo. Amazing work!

Using CS3...

Note: I used the original photo, the one in the 4th post in this thread.

1. I used the magic wand to make a new selection with Tolerance set to 35 and Anti-alias checked. Note: this also selected the woman's white shirt and part of the bus which I had to deselect, I just switched to the quick select tool and holding down alt (using pc version) deselected those areas.

2. After you have the areas that you want to get rid of selected go to "Select" and click on "inverse selection". Next hit ctrl + J (if you are using pc version), this will create a new layer with your selection which should be everything but the sky.

3. Create a new empty layer. Open your photo with your replacement sky Note:I just selected an area from another photo and made it the same width as the photo I am adding to. Length only had to be long enough to cover the transparent area of the original photo selection. Go to "Select" -> all, and then "Edit" -> copy. Go back to the original photo where you created your new layer, make sure the new layer is selected then go to "Edit" -> paste. Your new sky will now be covering everything. Just move the original photo selection (with no sky) above the new sky layer. You now have the photo with the new sky. Flatten your image and save.

I hope this all makes sense, I am not real good at explaining things.

One thing I always do is make sure that all images I am working with are the same resolution, if you do not your proportions will not be right. Below is the image I used the sky from, :D. Sometimes I save images just to use for this purpose, instead of deleting them because they are not interesting.

NAS_Jacksonville.jpg

DV8....Many thanks, however, I followed every step you outlined , but I still get the damn halo around the trees....Tell me what your setting are for feather and which button in modify, please.

DV8....Many thanks, however, I followed every step you outlined , but I still get the damn halo around the trees....Tell me what your setting are for feather and which button in modify, please.

I did not use feathering. I have made a video of exactly what I did. The video is in real time and moves along quite quickly so you may have to watch it a few times. Sorry but I wanted to keep it short to keep the file size down ( 7 MB). Hopefully you have broadband, here it is...

http://www.dykstra.us/images/sky.wmv

Most reactions

New Topics

Back