skieur

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Still fooling around.

skieur

treerockpipe.jpg

In a way it is funny if you think of a piper serenading the end of summer and the coming of all with the leaves on the tree. I am just learning the program in that I saved in preview mode rather than final output which means that it is more primitive than it should be in look.

The ground is typical Bay of Fundy with the tide out The tree made an interesting out of place vertical and so did the rock. I modeled both in a 3D graphics program.

skieur

That scotsman has long hair! ;)

no seriously, an interesting experiment.

Ok, you slipped this fooling around past me, glad it resurfaced. I really like the surreal look, I mean... a tree growing in mudflats with a bagpiper.... makes you look twice.

My only issue with this one is the shadow (and lack thereof). From the sky, the sun seems to be on the left... but the piper's shadow is going the wrong direction. And the tree and rock could really use a big long shadow too, it would really pull it all together.

That being said, great fooling around again, skieur. I realize it's tricky working in 3D modeling programs, and you're doing a great job.

Jason

Ok, you slipped this fooling around past me, glad it resurfaced. I really like the surreal look, I mean... a tree growing in mudflats with a bagpiper.... makes you look twice.

My only issue with this one is the shadow (and lack thereof). From the sky, the sun seems to be on the left... but the piper's shadow is going the wrong direction. And the tree and rock could really use a big long shadow too, it would really pull it all together.

That being said, great fooling around again, skieur. I realize it's tricky working in 3D modeling programs, and you're doing a great job.

Jason

Thanks Jason. I noticed too that I still have to work on light and shadowing and I need to refine the sky and clouds a bit more too.

skieur

That scotsman has long hair! ;)

no seriously, an interesting experiment.

Canadian actually and it will probably take me a long while to create "virtual photos" to my satisfaction in 3D modelling programs but learning new things is always a challenge.

skieur

Most reactions

New Topics

Back