Muddy road, gravity defying cat, lamp, door, pumpkin, trees, etc...

darin3200

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
friedrichsphotography.com
Last picture post for tonight, I promise

#1 Old barn door
door.jpg

#2 Crazy cat
gravity.jpg

#3 Lamp
lamp.jpg

#4 Pumpkin
pumpkin.jpg

#5 Muddy road
road.jpg

#6 Muddy road
road1.jpg

#7 Switch
switch.jpg

#8 Trees
trees.jpg

All comments appreciated :)

4, 6, and 7 are my faves....awesome contrast. They look so harsh and cold, in a good way. Nice composition on the switch shot, I think that's my top favorite. :thumbup:

How'd you get the grass to look so frosty and contrasty in the pumpkin shot?

Thanks! :)
The grass is still a bit of a mystery to me since there isn't much snow here and its not frosty, just really cold. I think the look of the grass is a result of the higher contrast.

love the 1st and the 6th pictures. the texture on the barn door is great. there's nothing better than good B&W

I love the shots you take in B&W the contrast is great! I love how you get those great levels.

james21: Thanks, color is good for some shots, but I always find myself going back to B&W

immski: Thanks. When I got these prints I was happy because the levels were already where I want them to be. It seems that the combo of the "color corrected" lens on the yashica, the ilford xp-2, and the 1-hour people who know me by name produce good results :)

That cat shot is crazy, I really like #5. the curve of the road leads your eye to the dog and the high contrast adds to the shot. Nice series :thumbup:

nice shots, i really like #1! love the old barns and their doors... :thumbup:

#1 is my favorite as well. The tones and crispness are great!

Most reactions

Back