Muir Woods: Part Two

Randog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
2nd series of shots taken at Muir Woods National Monument in Mill Valley, CA. If you missied for 1st series here's the link http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29711
Thanks for looking

img186820050910v6hy.jpg

img1879200509108ib.jpg

img1857200509103sx.jpg

img1881200509102mr.jpg

img1856200509101re.jpg

Well I didn't care too much for these shots either. The day we went to Muir Woods it was overcast and lighting conditions in the woods where poor and I did not use a tripod. I am still learning how shoot landscapes, heck I'm still trying to figure this camera out. Thanks for bearing with me.

A pity, I still don't get the first two photos of this entire series (in the other thread).
Here I can see all of them and I like the tone of green in Photo 7 and seriously like the last one with the tall tree trunks.

I find that photographing woods is a delicate thing to do.
It is different from regular landscape photography where you have that expanse of land, with or without hills or mountains, that you try to get as well framed as possible.
Woods are a bit more chaotic, and therefore it seems chaotic to see them in photos later. So something as regular as the trunks in the last photo or as funny shaped as that tree in photo 7 can help a lot to give the eye some rest.
Well done here.

Shameless bump in Randog's stead :)

The colour and light you cought are beautiful in 1st image. Love it.

Most reactions

Back