multi flash on a budget

panocho

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I want to be able to shot with multi-flash. Well... not so "multi," actually. I think that two flashes is all I need! The problem is, as always, that I am on a budget.
The system in which I want to use a second flash is Nikon. This means that, supposedly, I should buy something like a multiflash connector (AS-10) and a flash syncronization cable (SC-17)... or even two, if I want the two flashes off the camera! In other words, a lot of money for those little gadgets!
Is there any other possibilities for us, poor people who are not willing to expend $100 on this?

You could use your on camera flash as a fill and a trigger and use a slaved off-camera flash as your main. I like the Phoenix HMS-98T as it has a built-in slave, so you don't have to buy anything else. This Light Stand Ball Adapter can allow you to attach it to a light stand cheaply.

If you are looking for a slave flash which can be used with a film and digital camera, this Phoenix Model can be used with a standard flash or set to ignore a preflash.

Most reactions

Back