Multi Focus Zones Question

Insp Gadget

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.soulmatesphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I sometimes use my D300 in multi focus zones mode and have a question. When I shoot a busy scene, the camera will display several focus zones that it is using to determine focus. How can it do this and why? Since the lens can only focus at one point, does it use the closest spot and the furthest one and stop down the lens to make sure both are in focus? If not, how does it determine which one to focus the lens on?

Thanks much!!

If more than one focus zone is up, I believe it's marking all things that are on the same plane.

Someone please do correct me if I'm wrong.

If more than one focus zone is up, I believe it's marking all things that are on the same plane.

Someone please do correct me if I'm wrong.
That's the way my camera works. If I have it set to use all points, if several of them light up, it means that those points are on the same focus plane (they are all in focus).

Personally, I prefer to just use one point at a time, so that I know exactly where the lens is focused.

I always use just one of the 51-points on my D700... unless I am just snapping away at something totally unimportant. I *always* want total control of the exact part of the subject that I want in focus, like for example, the eyes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back