Photos NOT OK to edit
Untitled-1.jpg

The Tree.
4 shots.
Same tripod position.
4 methods of processing/shooting.

Top:- Standard - Infrared
Bottom:- B&W - Selective Colours

I couldn't decide which I liked the most.
So you get them all in one :D

Like a seasons thing.... :p

Enjoy

I'll chuck these in aswell rather than another thread.
Click the thumbs for larger image
smile.gif

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

I think I like the bottom right the best. The sky is slightly deeper blue than the other and on my monitor the green is more pleasing.

I like the top right one personally, looks like a B&W taken on a bright night with a space ship shining right on the tree before landing. The only thing I dont like about the bottom right is there is too much saturation or too much red. Makes the sky look too purple and the burnt grass too brown. That is a gorgeous sky though, the first pic does it justice.

I know I am a noob, so take it as you will. :p

Thank you :)
Weird how people prefer the more "processed" shots.
The top right is the Infra Red shot ;D
The bottom right is saturated that way on purpose :}

Thank you :)
Weird how people prefer the more "processed" shots.
The top right is the Infra Red shot ;D
The bottom right is saturated that way on purpose :}
None of them do anything for me...it's not a particularly interesting tree! #6 and #3, however, are really nice.
I wonder if people prefer the processed shots because trees are generally not that interesting unless they're next to a lake (reflection) or add the foreground detail to a sunset or a dramatic sky? The heavily processed shots change the way you look at a photo and bring attention back to the tree.
Mike

I would like to see the Inf shot merged with the B+W shot. I really like the tree in the Inf shot and I really like the sky in the B+W. Can you do that in photoshop? (I can't lol)

Most reactions

Back