multigrade paper? chemical agent ? or my stupidity ?

i didn't ask about the developer ratio, but that is an issue.

use it at 1:9,

and again, what grade filter are you using, or are you using a filter. what paper, RC multicontrast papers need a filter. They default to a grade 2 but if you print without a filter and then with a grade 2 filter in place they will not look the same.

also, you need to agitate the print while it is developing, and be sure that the paper is entirely under the liquid so that will ensure more even development.

my paper is a ilford multigrade mg44m i'm using various filter stop and exposition time .
but when i use the developer at 1+9 he gimme black all photo while i try to develop a not exposed paper sheet

if your getting an all black piece of paper that has not been exposed then the paper is fogged and not any good.

stick to one filter i.e. grade 3 and 90 seconds in the developer. try making the print at F8, do a step wedge in 3 second steps and see which gives you a better print across the range of tones in the negative

on the developer its wrote that i have to leave the paper in it for two minutes (but with this time the paper become black or grey )even if i don't expose it to light what could i do?

i cant read the scanned paper.

again, if the paper is turning color before it has been exposed means the paper is not any good, it has been exposed to light, or it is very old.

2minutes for developing the paper is usually for fiber papers not RC unless your using Ilford's cooltone paper which calls for a 2 minute development time.

is there a camera club in your neighbor . perhaps someone there could be more helpful as it isn't easy to discuss these things without having the p rint in hand and discussing more fully what is going on.

Most reactions

Back