Multiple Exposures......

PNA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
With many DSLR cameras having a continuous shot mode (3 or more), it seems it me that there should be less out of focused shots for reviewing and more accurate ones to choose from.

Case in point: shooting a scene where there is movement. If the camera setup was for continuous and several shot were taken, the chances that one of the shots will capture the intended image and be in focus is greatly increased. And with Auto Focusing the chances are even better yet.

Thoughts, anyone????:er:

Most DSLR's support at least 3 frames per second of continuous capture, with number of shots being limited by the quality and the size of your buffer. I know my K100D can shoot 3 fps, but if you're shooting in RAW the buffer can only hold 3 captures so it's kinda worthless. If you drop it down to FINE jpg, though, it can hold quite a few more.

Still, I don't really find myself using continuous capture mode. Like you said, it'd probably be helpful for sports or moving subjects, but at the same time 3 fps really isn't fast enough.

Good points, of course, but I had a specific shot in mind for my thought....It's in the critique section call "Turkish Woman" by Nomade. I think Nomade could have avoided the woman's hand and possibly the flying bag in the background if the camera was set on continuous. The shot itself is good, but could have been better.

Of course if his camera doesn't have that feature, well......

My camera shoots at 5 fps...but I don't often rattle off 5 shots in a row, trying to get one in focus. Maybe if I'm shooting sports, but that's a different topic.

Well in sports it makes a lot of sense anyway. Mind you the AF sometimes can't keep up so in the end I do select the in focus good picture. If it's neither in focus or good it gets binned.

But I agree to an extent PNA I have used your method at times when handholding a macro shot. I start at the back end of the focus depress the shutter and move forward slightly if I am in a situation where I can't keep the DOF exactly where I want. In reality though if we all did this for every photo we take there'd be many blown shutters and memory cards will fill up very quickly... or the delete button gets worn.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back