Multiple Flash meets Kitchen!

JonnyD70s

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,

Just wanted some feedback on a pic i rustled up a little too quickly in my head but just about seemed to come out as i wanted. Good pic, bad pic slate me!

hotpanfinal2.jpg

Feedback would be great!

Regards,

Jonny

nice idea, i would retry it with the wb set to 3600 and put the warming gel on your flash's.

(this would make the cieling light more cool, and give you warm light from the flashes)

also, i would like to see deeper depth of field.

but good start!

that is what photography is all about .. "depth" and you MUST have

maximum DEPTH of FIELD.. to show depth! it is that simple. even at maximum dof settings i.e. f22 or f 16 it is going to be very shallow, in close ups.. so don't worry about.. (I want to blur the background). it will blurr.. in extreme closeups..

you need F64 or F 90 or more.. to bring that in deeper..

but as mike said..good start. do it over per his suggestions and USE a tripod.. even if it is a chair with a pillow and books or a towel. get a cable release or use self timer.. LEARN ALL THE TRICKS!..and when you START to PRACTICE. using them. guess what is going to happen? ?? 1+1 = 2 all the time! ALL THE TIME.

Hey Guys,

cheers for the advice! WB was set to 3200 so i could juice it up for a slightly warmer effect. The sb-800 flash in the pan was using a warming gel already i'm afraid! But the sb-600 flash behind the bottles was simply bouncing off the orange tiles.

Maybe i should bounce off the red tiles??

I think i may have another crack at it with a smaller aperture like said, although my initial intention was to draw the person in from the pan handle, to the pan, and then the bottles at the back. I didn't feel that the image had enough going on in the middle to blur out the bottles a lot? Good to hear not!

Thanks again.

Account changing - JonnyGee

Nice pic, like everyone else said, more dof would enhance the pan, like the colours and love the light coming from the pan(reminds me of an alien ship docking some aliens lol, no offence, just my wandering imagination:wink: ) :thumbup:

that is what photography is all about .. "depth" and you MUST have

maximum DEPTH of FIELD.. to show depth! it is that simple. even at maximum dof settings i.e. f22 or f 16 it is going to be very shallow, in close ups.. so don't worry about.. (I want to blur the background). it will blurr.. in extreme closeups..

you need F64 or F 90 or more.. to bring that in deeper..

yeah hang on lol, i re-read this today and must have paid more attention! becuase f90?? let alone f64 is not available for me. Does 90 exist? :sexywink:

also, i don't see how f16 and 22 are going to help me out considering i am not at an extreme close-up and don't intend to be! (the handle is about 9-10 inches away from the pan) this was shot at f5.6 and there is still a reasonable amount of detail in the background, a little more than intended. IF i was to re-try i would shoot at 200mm from a distance to throw it out.............buuut i'm happy!

Thanks

f/90, a big pinhole right? haha, no but check out

daveblackphotography.com he has lots of cool shots using the sb-800's and tells how they are shot.

also, he will email you responses to your emails

lol it must be!

Cheers for the link, funnily enough i came across his site the day before last. But i will re-read cause his images are amazing!

THanks Mike

looking over my cameras....

My 5D goes to f/36, my Maxxum 50, Lubitel, and Kiev go to f/22.
My Deerdorf will go to f/90, but I don't think the original poster is using an 8x10 field camera.

DoF is subjective, as is most of photography. Me? Well, I like selective focus. Yeah, I think this photo could benefit from more depth, but I don't think it is probelmatic.

Us your zoom, I get the smallest aperature using an 80mm lens. this is a film lens, I don't know what the math is, but it is longer than that for digital...

it is not the camera that has the F-stops that go way down to

F 45 F 64 F 90 OR.. f 128

it is on the LENS ! YES f 128 !

NO YOU WONT SEE THAT ON ANY CAMERA.. just on a good large format lens! ONLY !

OR A MEDIUM FORMAT LENS !

BUT YES. from F 1 - F 128 is the range of a Luna Pro light meter.

but it is only found on GOOD LENSES !

Most reactions

Back