Multiple Flash -off camera

All your blog pages seem to work fine. Except of course the one linked here. :D It errors out. :p If I try to go there from the blog TOC menu it errors out too. :(

Is it too long to post here?

Hrm... it works from my end? Anyone else getting the issue? If so, will post it in it's own thread, but it is a touch over 25 screens long, that could be a little annoying for some here if I posted it in it's entirety, hence the reason for the blog URL.

Try it again, and let me know, please:

http://jerryphpics.blogspot.com/2008/07/004-cactus-v2s-modifications.html

Wow Jerry, those Gadget Infinity triggers look like they're working great for you! I have just one question and it may show my true state of poverty right now...Can I use the y-splitter sync cord to fire 2 flashes with one receiver?

Thanks a lot! You've definitely been a great help.;)

Can I use the y-splitter sync cord to fire 2 flashes with one receiver?

Thanks a lot! You've definitely been a great help.;)

I've not tried, sincerely, but it may, since the receiver does have a sync port. However, look at it like this... the cost of the second receiver is under $20... or here is a little hint... since you are using just a sync port and not the flash's hotshoe, get the 16-ch unit that also has a sync port for just under $15! It will trigger the strobe but only on the first 4 channels.

Great test, thanks for sharing that.

I also have the 'poverty wizard' trigger and it works fine for me, except not with my Canon 430EX flash. I use it mostly for my studio lights and it works great...the only issue being that they have trouble syncing at my camera's max speed of 1/250 (slight shutter darkness) but they work just fine at 1/160. I haven't even done any of the mods.

Part of the reliability issue comes from DOA and malfunctioning units. I've only once heard about some one having a PW that didn't work (because of the unit and not because of user error...like them putting it on backwards). I'm sure there's more out there, but I've heard numerous complaints about DOA units and Ebay units that just act up or don't work right.

It looks like Jerry got an awesome set.

Don't get me wrong though. They're perfect for people on a budget that just want to do some experimenting. Plus there's some other choices. Skyports are half the price of PW's and are very reliable. Paul C. Buff of Alien Bee's fame has just released a set of radio triggers. I think they're $100 for a transmitter and receiver. The few reviews I've read so far show good range and reliability. So when the OP gets ready to buy, there will be choices out there for him/her.

Most reactions

Back