MultnomahFallsWinter.jpg

A black and white version.

MultnomahFallsWinterbw.jpg

Larger Black & White

MultnomahFallsWinterlg.jpg

A little less saturation.

MultnomahFallsWinterlessblue.jpg

MultnomahFallsWinter.jpg

Cool shot, maybe a touch too high in colour saturation, but good perspective :thumbup:

It still is beyond my grasp to imagine a weather cold enough to freeze some waters rushing as fast as this... :scratch:

How many versions are you posting, after all? Right now I seem to only get a colour one... and two red x's.

Fabulous capture! :thumbup: That's an event you won't see often, I bet.

I like the color version here, simply because the bluish tones add to the coldness of all that ice. And the bright spots of people give a better sense of depth and drama.

I'd love to be on that bridge! :lol:

Nice one. I'd like to see it larger.

Thanks all, I'll post a larger version of the B & W, yes the bridge is about as far as most people go. The falls are 620' that's both upper and lower. The bridge provides a great place to shoot the upper falls and looking down at the lower falls. There is a very steep and winding trail that takes you to the top where there is a lookout platform right on edge of the falls with amazing views of the falls and the Columbia River across the highway.

LaFoto, believe rushing waters can freeze, in Oregon no less.

117616269.jpg

Neat - the one time I saw this in person it was pouring down rain so hard you couldn't even get out of the car.

Wow! Too cool.
When I came into Hamburg by train yesterday a week ago, I also saw "frozen waterfalls" (not really) - drainage openings from a long train bridge next to ours where there were these big frozen rain water outlets... and I tried to walk back there and find it so I could photograph it, but there was no way back. All railroad territory, no trespassing. Hmph.

love the subject and the composition of the photos, but i think they are a little oversaturated, as you mentioned in your other thread.

WOW... I have never seen this before either! frozen waterfalls or frozen water that seems to be in the middle of running fast! great capture! :D

wow, never seen this before!!! cool shots!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back