I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I posted this in another thread but I thought I'd put it here as well. What do you think?

I know that the horizon is tilted and the sky is blown out but I took this from the back of a car that was driving by the lake at 110 kph.

1147Alaska_-_117.jpg

It's a great image but here's my thought. Did you bracket this shot by chance? Cause I think you went down the middle which is why the sky and whites on the mountain are blown out. Personally, I think it would have been better to expose for the bright lit area which would have left detail in the whites and made the mountains on either side that are in shade black. They are already almost black anyway. When you have such a large range of lighting, it's better to pick one side and stick with it.

So in conclusion. I love the image, but it would be even better about 1 to 1.5 stops underexposed.

Thanks. I wish I had bracketed this shot. It would have been tough though...I don't have AEB and I wasn't very very quick with the controls back then (two years ago). Not to mention that the control dial on my EOS 650 is wonkey.

I only had a few seconds to get the shot as is was. I snapped this one and one that was zoomed in on the boat. Then it was gone...maybe that's why this shot is special for me.

yep, voo's right on this... funny i was in the same situation last night, i had extreme darkness and brightness.. Damn, I am hoping they will create a camera that can mimic the human eye precisely :) I had several near misses, but none really stood out! Its a tough one!

I love the composition and feel of the this pic though!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back