Music Genres?

Matty-Bass

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
If this topic exists, feel free to :delete: BUT

What are you into? Specifically one genre? Huge eclectic personality? And if you like some bands, list em!

Personally, I love just about any music. Music is my life, I love every and any type of music except for rap (not really music. It's literature), country, and most new pop. Anything else, especially jazz, I absolutely love. ESPECIALLY jazz. I am a total pushover for underground jazz from bands I've never heard of or who aren't huge. Rock, classic rock, easy listening, punk, ska, big band, etc. All good things.

I love eclectic collections. Internet radio is the best way to listen to all sorts of stuff. I listen to Radioio Jazz regularily. How bout you guys?:mrgreen::mrgreen:

I'm stuck in 80s & 90 alternative. Cure, REM, The Smiths etc...
but I love 40's big band

Everything. except rap. but then again, is that really music... (<--I actually wrote that before I read your post :lol: )

Classical is certainly my number 1, Then there's classic stuff like the Beatles and Queen, and then Heavy Metal. So, basically the entire gamut...

I will listen to a ton of stuff. But...

right now I have been digging alot of progressive rock lately. Listening to alot of:
The Mars Volta
Coheed and Cambria
Sparta

Rap not being music isn't a reason not to not like it.

I did like rap alot. I only like the really good stuff now. eg

3 Feet High and Rising
Illmatic
Like Water for Chocolate
Black on Both Sides

I think it's coming to the end of its life like soul did.

I really like Bob Dylan. My favourite artist. He is a genious and unrivalled in my opinion. I like sou (motown, Gaye, Cooke) but get bored of it after a while.

I also like some new stuff: Arcade Fire, The Killers, Razorlight, Sway, the Go! Team, The Strokes and more. I am not really into generes just good music. i'll listen to anything I think is good.

I don't like classical/baroque/romantic etc. My music needs poetry.

Daniel said:
I don't like classical/baroque/romantic etc. My music needs poetry.
Ummm...Schubert, Brahms, Schumann, Hindemith, Barber, Brittan, and a ton of others have amazing lieder. And real poetry. by poets.

:headbang: Metal :headbang: Classic rock from the 70's, and 80's. I just cant get a lot of the new stuff to grow on me.

Well. You know. 60's rock. When something was called pop rock it meant the caliber of the Beatles, or The Beach Boys.

I hate calling it all "classic rock" but I suppose that tag's been tossed about enough for it to have become a "genre". More's the pity.

I like classic rock (of 60's and 70's), alternative rock, classical music, some jazz and big band thrown in there. I'd be lost without my occasional Motown fix, too.

I think rap is garbage.

clarinetJWD said:
Ummm...Schubert, Brahms, Schumann, Hindemith, Barber, Brittan, and a ton of others have amazing lieder. And real poetry. by poets.

lieder?

poetry doesn't have to fit inside the box of "written by a poet"

I've been listening to lots of ska lately.

The Specials, The English Beat, The Toots and the Maytels, The Skatalites, Save Ferris, Catch 22, The Aquabats, Big D and the Kids Table, etc. :thumbup:

Classical I like when I go running :) Like Bach (Air on a G String :blushing:), Mozart, Beethoven, all the big guys. Definately.

:er: I'm seeing a mirror of the Overrated Bands thread.

What's wrong with having opinions these days? Some people may despise rap. That's their opinion. I know lots of people who love rap, and for me, I'm saying it's a bad thing. :p For other people, it's a great thing! Go ahead and say so, it's an open discussion. Might point out something interesting who knows.

We cool? :mrgreen:

I used to have a big rap period a few years ago. then it was techno. Now I'm back to rock and that implies all rock: metal, classic, psychedelic, alternative... to sum-up, everything that's been done between 60's and 80's is #1 for me!
aw, and i don't know if it's rock, but quite like the flaming lips.

lieder is the german word for song. I'm just saying that before you can say you don't like classical because it doesn't have poetry along with it, learn more on the subject. but anyways...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back