Music on wedding photography sites

I personally find music on a website to be very annoying. I get irritated that I have to adjust my speakers or if listening to music on pc and browsing its a mess. I would never have audio on any website. Just my take.

-I do think yours is well done as can be... Still don't like the option though :)

As a surfer I don't like sites that open with music or any audio at all generally. However, I think it works the way you have used it because the audio opens only after I open your wedding tab.
Very nicely done.

My first website had music on it. But my new wedding photography site has no music. I prefer my site without music now. But I can understand brides emotions with music when shopping for their photographer.

typically I close sites with music as soon as I hear it. It's almost never anything I want to hear and it's just annoying.

I hate the music, save the music for like a showing or your work in real life, it works well then. I get the vibe you are trying to throw and hate to say IT ONYL WORKS IN YOUR HEAD. Take it off as it makes me want to never go back, also being i'm not retarded I see where it is coming from on the page and can mute it. Many brides will not be able to do so and some may just leave.

My 2 cents.

Also to be quite frank I find you skill in making website to far exceed your photographic talents.

Last edited:
Hate it. Been many threads on it on this forum. Search.

No music, it makes me leave the page quickly. If you really have to have music leave it off by default and give an option to turn it on.

As a surfer I don't like sites that open with music or any audio at all generally. However, I think it works the way you have used it because the audio opens only after I open your wedding tab.
Very nicely done.

Have to agree, though I still prefer no music and most people do.

Also to be quite frank I find you skill in making website to far exceed your photographic talents.

I agree. Though you have many good shots, I also saw many that lacked good composition, too many cropped heads and such.

Thanks guys for the feeback on music. And for going the extra mile on rating my photographic talents. Great, but not asked for. To this day I have shot 3 weddings - so still learning alot. I only picked up a camera 2 years ago so Im very happy with my work even if you are not.

Back to music on websites! I think I will turn it off with you option to turn it on once entering the site. Very good comments so cheers all.

Yes, turn the music off. At least set in on 'off', but then again, I doubt anyone would turn it on.

Watch the licensing, too. Don't know particularly, but just watch that you only use stock music that you've bought... or have paid the high $$ for the rights.

The only time I want to hear music on a website is I navigate there specifically for it and press a play button.

What if the bride hears the song and it's the song that her and her previous ex husband used to listen to all the time; the ex husband that got hit by a train or something?

Never know, you could lose some business to that.

Most reactions

Back