music photography critique

I think they are great. I find that most photographs of musicians and concerts have the same boring feel and are very similar, yours do not give that stock feel thogh. I think it may be the black and white which attracts me as I am sick of seeing band shots with the standard purple, blue orange etc. lighting schemes. I love the documentary section it really gives a gritty feel to the musicians especially the shots in the apartments/house. In particualr I like the one of the guy that has a nice depth of field with the forgraound blurred and him in focus deeper into the shot. Good work all around.

Heya Barrie, welcome to ThePhotoForum.

Please watch the guidelines we have set up for this Photo Critique section. Make a choice of ONE photo of yours and ask for some SPECIFIC critique (lighting, DOF, composition etc.) on that ONE photo.

Comments on one's entire site are to be had in the Personal and Professional Websites Forum, where this same thread has ALSO been started. So ... choose one pic, ask for specific critique and this will stay. OK?

Sure - sorry about that.

I'm not sure how to post a photo up here but I'd like some critique on my 4th portrait shot of girl on sofa.

Thanks

PHOTO BY BARRIE THOMPSON ... PHOTO BY BARRIE THOMPSON ... PHOTO BY BARRIE THOMPSON ... PHOTO BY BARRIE THOMPSON !!!
portrait4.jpg

This one?

You right-click your own photo on your site, copy the URL that shows under the Properties, and then click the little insert-pic-icon above the communication box here (yellow square with grey mountain and grey sun), there opens an new communication box, and you paste your URL in there (above the already given http: //-thingy ... make sure you don't have two of them in the end, then your pics won't show). OK?

So: what do you want to know? Is the light ok, is the pose ok, is the make-up ok? Something like that???

that's the one - thank you.

i don't want to say what specific element of the shot i want critiquing - i want people on here to look at it and tell me why they like it or dislike it.

is that ok?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back