Music

cherrymoose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What are some of your favorite bands?

I'm in love with music, so deciding things like this are hard for me.
I do have to say that I love all old rock music, though. :p

A small list:
The Beatles [of course :sexywink:]
Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
Death Cab for Cutie
The Killers
Blind Melon
Goo Goo Dolls
The Byrds
Oasis
The Who
Switchfoot

:mrgreen: ...and everyone else?

Hmm, I do mainly listen to music in the radio ... saves me all the hassle of collecting CDs or downloading ;) (yes, you got it right, I do not have a single mp3 on my computer and I do not have an mp3 player ... i just don't need it).

however, if forced to name bands or directions .. it would be things like

Beatles,
Stones,
Queen,
Gary Moore,
most kind of Britpop,
and some of the good old 80ies ;),
and classic like Gustav Mahler,
piano music in General

hassle of collecting CDs
:stun:
.....And you're talking to the person who has 438 CD's and is striving to get more for her collection. Haha. But wow, that's surprising. To me.

and some of the good old 80ies ;-),
piano music in General
You got that right. How I miss the 70's & 80's.... not that I ever knew them, but you get my drift.
And piano music is beautiful, I can't believe I forgot to list that.

:stun:
.....And you're talking to the person who has 438 CD's and is striving to get more for her collection. Haha. But wow, that's surprising. To me.

;) .. well, just counted mine ... 31 CDs ... mainly because some things are not non the radio often, or since it is convenient in the car sometimes.

Also one reason I don not collect many things is that I would hate it if my places style was spoilt by many collectibles crowding the shelves. I guess this also holds for CDs ;)

You got that right. How I miss the 70's & 80's.... not that I ever knew them, but you get my drift.
And piano music is beautiful, I can't believe I forgot to list that.

The 80ies were a very creative period, lots of today's music copies so much of it and many people do not realise :confused:

Oh dear, if I were to name what my CDs mainly are about you'd all go "Huh?"

Oh my!
Don't make me cry!
The mere thought ..... :puke:

Oh my!
Don't make me cry!
The mere thought ..... :puke:

I know I can be mean!

:hug::

but i tried to think of something really horrible ... :p

so what are your CDs all about then?

Alice in chains
Bush
Chicane
Deftones
Evanescence
Faith no More
Goo Goo Dolls
Hoobastank
Incubus
James
Kruder & Dorfmeister
Lacuna Coil
Manic Street Preachers
Nerina Pallot
Orbital
Portishead
Radiohead (early stuff)
Smashing Pumpkins
Trivium
Zwan

to name a few

OK, as just one example for many of the kind:

The Complete Choral Works, by Felix Mendelssohn-Bartholdy.

My newest acquisition is
Georg Friedrich Händel, Theodora, An Oratorio in Three Movements
performed by (among others) Kantorei der St Lucas-Church in Scheeßel.

;)

I live for music. It is … oxygen. If I want to change my mood, I put on music. It changes my cells on a biological level. I listen to it always. Right now I’m watching the 10 part Jazz series dvds by Ken Burns. I grew up on rock ‘n roll, with Elvis - Chuck Berry - Roy Orbison, then in high school it was The Who - Cream - Jethro Tull. Later I became interested in the blues and concentrated on that for 10 years or so. For the last several years it’s been mostly jazz, but I love all good music. Music drives me crazy and keeps me sane, too. Without it, I’d surely go ‘round the bend for good. When I look at images, for instance in an art gallery or photo gallery or here on the forum, I hear different music based on the images. When I hear the screetch of the subway arriving, while waiting on the platform, it sounds like music. Music is like water; it fills in all the empty spaces around daily life, makes it bearable.

Here’s what’s on the turntable/cd player/ipod lately: John Coltrane – Charlie Parker – Wayne Shorter - Billie Holliday - Jackie MacLean – Sonny Rollins – McCoy Tyner – Lee Morgan – Dexter Gordon – Mark Murphy – Ray Baretto – Charles Mingus - Dinah Washington – Abbey Lincoln - Madeleine Peyroux – Rory Block – Paul Geremiah.

(I'm sorry to say that I may be just a tad ... out of touch. I just scanned lostprophet's list, and have only ever heard of one name, Goo Goo Dolls, but I thought it was a candy bar. :er: Oh well. )

OK, as just one example for many of the kind:

The Complete Choral Works, by Felix Mendelssohn-Bartholdy.

My newest acquisition is
Georg Friedrich Händel, Theodora, An Oratorio in Three Movements
performed by (among others) Kantorei der St Lucas-Church in Scheeßel.

;)

So what, I have all the Mahler Symphonies here ;) and some other nice thingies ;)

just because we enjoy the sound people beating up trashbins doesn't mean we do not like more classical music as well.

There is an entire Mahler-collection there, too, though I am not soooo into symphonies right now (used to be more) - it is more classical choir music (but not as far back as Gregorian Chants, I can listen to those for a short while, but not all day long).

True fact is: I don't listen to music that often, anyway.
Often enough it is quite silent here in the house.

Or I get treated to what my children like to listen to, though my son in particular has become quite nice about it and will turn it down or even stop listening to it when I come into the room.

Edit to add: if you want to hear "us", clicky-clicky (I can only really recommend the "Hallelujah"-choir, though, the other examples have quite wobbly parts here and there ... these are ALL live recordings.)

Hmm, I do mainly listen to music in the radio ... saves me all the hassle of collecting CDs or downloading ;) (yes, you got it right, I do not have a single mp3 on my computer and I do not have an mp3 player ... i just don't need it).

however, if forced to name bands or directions .. it would be things like

Beatles,
Stones,
Queen,
Gary Moore,
most kind of Britpop,
and some of the good old 80ies ;),
and classic like Gustav Mahler,
piano music in General

Good man, Mahler's my fav too. I'm playing Mahler's 7th Symphony at school right now.

As for me: (If we stick with non-classical)
Beatles
Pink Floyd
Queen
Tool
Opeth
Kamelot

Jazz: (don't know a lot of jazz right now)
Pat Metheny Group

Classical:
Gustav Mahler
Igor Stravinsky
Bela Bartok
Sergei Rachmaninov
Dmitri Shostakovich
Richard Strauss
A million others

Let's see, here's what's on my phone right now:
Tricky, Beth Orton, Bruce Springsteen, EmmyLou Harris, Greatful Dead, Poe, Chemical Brothers, The Pouges, Ben Harper, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Guster, Jeff Buckley, Public Enemy, Ani DiFranco, Melissa Etheridge, CSNY, BB King, Barenaked Ladies, Beastie Boys...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back