Musical Inspiration

THORHAMMER

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
What music does anyone listen to while they are looking at pictures, processing, or shooting ?

Just wanted to start a thread on how music inspires or fuels us.

I found a great site that allows you to easily share your musical personality with others muxtape.com you can upload like 12 mp3s or so and anyone can just click the titles to play them, simple. Its kinda cool idea like the old school mix tapes

This is my mixtape. Feel free to play it while you look at pictures, or whatever. Its all electronic, Yeah im mostly dutch and I like trance, go figure. This might be a cool way to get exposed to new music, or learn something about each other.

http://thorhammer.muxtape.com/

Last edited:
You hear the imperial march too when you are taking pictures of Corporate types huh ?

It depends what I'm I'm working on. Most of the video stuff has its own soundtrack I need to pay attention to so while editing there's no music playing. Also if I'm doing some hard stuff I'll listen to metal or punk, if I did weddings I would probably be listening to Tom Jones or something ;) etc.

For hobby stuff I listen to classical guitar or play my own during breaks. Here's me playing: Invertion and SumEnd (please excuse the ultra-cheap mic and all the mistakes ;)). I love chamber music too! But I'll listen to anything if it's "good". :D

lol, last night I was working while listening to hiphop, but I couldn't sit still so I had to turn it off and work quietly.

You hear the imperial march too when you are taking pictures of Corporate types huh ?
The manager of the production department was a little short guy who had a strut when he walked. I worked in the QC department in which the QC lab was overlooking the production floor and every time we saw him walk through out the windows, someone would be sounding off the imperial march.

We always knew when he was around, just as you always knew when Darth Vader was coming into the scene. :D

The manager of the production department was a little short guy who had a strut when he walked. I worked in the QC department in which the QC lab was overlooking the production floor and every time we saw him walk through out the windows, someone would be sounding off the imperial march.

We always knew when he was around, just as you always knew when Darth Vader was coming into the scene. :D

Muhahahahaha

Most of the time when im editing or scanning or looking at pics its at work, where Im always on the phone or in a meeting or a conference call or what have you so no music there, or Im up late at night and my woman is sleeping and im probably playing call of Duty or something so no music there either.

But on the rare occasion when I can listen to some music at a volume where its worth listening to, Im blasting some metal, or classic rock. Right now Bullet for my Valentine, Unearth, and As I lay Dying are in the rotation.

Most of my music listening is during my 50+ mile round trip to and from work. I usually get through an Album and a half a day.

Trance, Electronic, Techno, Ska, Rock

I like sublime, crossfade, SOTD, stained, linkin park, ****....anything thats NOT country.

Most of the time when im editing or scanning or looking at pics its at work, where Im always on the phone or in a meeting or a conference call or what have you so no music there, or Im up late at night and my woman is sleeping and im probably playing call of Duty or something so no music there either.

But on the rare occasion when I can listen to some music at a volume where its worth listening to, Im blasting some metal, or classic rock. Right now Bullet for my Valentine, Unearth, and As I lay Dying are in the rotation.

Most of my music listening is during my 50+ mile round trip to and from work. I usually get through an Album and a half a day.

Wow thats a lot of listening time !

You should look into those audio books you could hear a classic novel every week !

I love music... I'm a musician, too. So it's very rare that I'm not listening to something.
Especially when I'm editing photos. I listen to music before I go and shoot, especially if I have a theme in mind (which is usually inspired by music)

I like everything from the Beatles to Brand New to Carrie Underwood... and everything in between. I'm not big into genre discrimination... just whatever I happen to like haha

I love music... I'm a musician, too.

Got anything recorded? Anything on-line? I linked to a couple of mine. ;)

I have a feeling there are some great musicians on this site. I'd like to hear some.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back