Musicians Part Deux!

lostcase_gib

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.markgalliano.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
After taking Cameramike's advice i have here 3 shots!

C&C plz and are they an improvement from my previous attempt??
(thread found here ---> http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111427)

Anyways here are the new pics!

IMG_3850_1.jpg

IMG_3845_1.jpg

IMG_3856_1.jpg

This last one is the light of a spotlight going through the tom...

second one looks great. the grain is a bit of a pest but is understandable and adds a bit of character to the shot. the first one is SO CLOSE the shutter was just a little to slow. last ones cool but looks sort of like you missed what you were trying to get a picture of, its just a tom, part of the snare, and the high hat.

good job man keep on taking pictures of those who rock

I think the first one is the best of them.
In fact, I'm going to disagree with the poster above and say that the shutter speed wasn't slow enough. But I do like the amount of blur in it, it adds to the movement and vibe of the photo.

oh I just had a look at your other thread. And to be perfectly honest, I prefer your first attempts. They're awesome! Everyone there is whinging about the noise. But I say screw these noise freaks. Convert them to Black and White in photoshop and add more grain. It'll look like you shot on old 3200 ISO film. Awesome!

cheerz meysha, i like noise in some live shots, i think it adds to the character, but yes this is the hardest type of photography i have tried! i am never fully happy with the pics unlike some of my other shots i have taken!

I think the first one is the best of them.
In fact, I'm going to disagree with the poster above and say that the shutter speed wasn't slow enough. But I do like the amount of blur in it, it adds to the movement and vibe of the photo.

oh I just had a look at your other thread. And to be perfectly honest, I prefer your first attempts. They're awesome! Everyone there is whinging about the noise. But I say screw these noise freaks. Convert them to Black and White in photoshop and add more grain. It'll look like you shot on old 3200 ISO film. Awesome!

everyones got their own style, for me blur ruins a picture when it comes to live bands, when I shoot bands theres another photographer who's more into blur shots and about 1 outa 50 shots he takes i sort of like. Also watch it man "those noise freaks" sharing your opinion is one thing, insulting those who are telling him what we don't like about his picture is a whole nother thing.

Bands usually want clean shots, they see noise and think its a bad picture that is why i gave him the advice i gave him, if he doesn't care about giving these to the bands than he can do what ever to them.

atm they are for personal collection until i can improve on the general quality and then i can offer my services.

As for the noise comment yes, ppl have opinions lets not bring down other ppl's opinions just because their is a disagreement. I personally hated noise before i got into photgraphy as the shot didnt look clean, but as i take them i am getting to like it in certain circumstances.

Anyway i will have another bash at it this friday!

Thank God i have a nice rock club that enjoys different bands every week, helping me experiment with my style too!

Most reactions

Back