musing world politics

It's not even the question I find objectionable, it's the constant raising of liberal garbage, all part of their propaganda campaign.

Wow. That sounds paranoid. :shock:

I don't think anyone here was trying to be patronizing; I know I wasn't. It seems you resorted to name-calling ("leftist") and making the kind of statements here above without ever once addressing the question that was raised.

It's hard for me to take you seriously at this point. A debate or discussion is the presentation of differing views or information, and that has fallen off in this thread now. :scratch:

Whoa!!

I knew this was going to happen in a political discourse/debate. I'm sure this was why Chase was a bit uncomfy about political talks.

Most of us have set notions about the current political or whatever scenario. Lets understand that no one is going to baptise anyone here or change them from their beliefs. The purpose of a healthy debate is to lay on the table about what we think on a particular topic. It does not make anyone more patriotic or anti-patriotic. Its just a simple dialogue, where one may or may not broaden their outlook!

The question raised by Toby was "Why is US blindly supporting Isreal?"

Its just a simple question. To respond to that query, we do not have to start with Adam and Eve, Noah's Ark, significance of Hindutva, advent of liberalism, perils of communism, so on and so on :).

Lets train our eyes to the question share with what we know.

Peace...out!

aw, man, this has gotten a little too personal. not the kind of discourse i was hoping for. mr sid, all i can say to your most recent posts is: my intention was not to cause angst; i merely sought to catalyze some interesting, and hopefully insightful conversation.
no hard feelings need to survive this thread, as far as i am concerned.

-t

p.s. yo, siddy ol' man, ever hear the analogy of the mind and the parachute? :wink: :lmao:

p.p.s. still love ya, you ol' curmudgeon, you :sillysmi: :headbang: :eek:ldman: (oops. last one was by accident. stupid mouse seems to be malfunctioning....)

terri said:
It's not even the question I find objectionable, it's the constant raising of liberal garbage, all part of their propaganda campaign.

Wow. That sounds paranoid. :shock:

I don't think anyone here was trying to be patronizing; I know I wasn't. It seems you resorted to name-calling ("leftist") and making the kind of statements here above without ever once addressing the question that was raised.

It's hard for me to take you seriously at this point. A debate or discussion is the presentation of differing views or information, and that has fallen off in this thread now. :scratch:

Paranoid, extreme right wing, can't be taken seriously etc. all seem to me to be means to marginalize and sidestep my sole point that the continual raising of issues with a leftist bias is something that is an extreme irritant.

danalec99 said:
Whoa!!

I knew this was going to happen in a political discourse/debate. I'm sure this was why Chase was a bit uncomfy about political talks.

Most of us have set notions about the current political or whatever scenario. Lets understand that no one is going to baptise anyone here or change them from their beliefs. The purpose of a healthy debate is to lay on the table about what we think on a particular topic. It does not make anyone more patriotic or anti-patriotic. Its just a simple dialogue, where one may or may not broaden their outlook!

Its just a simple question. To respond to that query, we do not have to start with Adam and Eve, Noah's Ark, significance of Hindutva, advent of liberalism, perils of communism, so on and so on :).

Peace...out!

Check out my response to Terri.

Osmer_Toby said:
aw, man, this has gotten a little too personal. not the kind of discourse i was hoping for. mr sid, all i can say to your most recent posts is: my intention was not to cause angst; i merely sought to catalyze some interesting, and hopefully insightful conversation.
no hard feelings need to survive this thread, as far as i am concerned.

-t

p.s. yo, siddy ol' man, ever hear the analogy of the mind and the parachute? :wink: :lmao:

p.p.s. still love ya, you ol' curmudgeon, you :sillysmi: :headbang: :eek:ldman: (oops. last one was by accident. stupid mouse seems to be malfunctioning....)

Still trying to belittle my comments by implying I've a closed mind huh?
Maybe, just maybe, I've seen and been involved with so much that I'm quite a good listener and hear what's really being said?
BTW, I really love that last emoticon.

mrsid99 said:
danalec99 said:
Whoa!!

Peace...out!

Check out my response to Terri.

sid, that was not directed at you. It was for everyone. Lets not allow Sharon and PLO disrupt the peace in this forum. We have better things to do than get upset over some issues that we cannot do anything about!! :)

Paranoid, extreme right wing, can't be taken seriously etc. all seem to me to be means to marginalize and sidestep my sole point that the continual raising of issues with a leftist bias is something that is an extreme irritant.

hmmm. ok, i'm gonna try again to pin down exactly what you're saying here. basically, all you're trying to say is that you dislike intensely people raising issues if they don't do so from your point of view? it's an extreme irritant when someone does not share your beliefs?
man, i don't know how you make it through the day, siddy. must spend alot of time getting pissed off at people all around you who have the nerve to express their opinions.
reminder: you are the one who polarized this into left vs. right. not even an accurate portrayal of my personal politics, btw. you are the one who turned this into a personal attack session, thereby wasting a good opportunity for the rest of us to have a meaningful discussion.
perhaps if you can't stand the heat, you should stay out of the kitchen.

also, siddy, patriotism does not equal blind agreement with all of one's leaders. in fact, if you really love your country, you will do just the opposite and ask the hard questions at every turn.

as for belittling your comments, until now i truly had respect for you and your opinion, and did not respond to any of your vitriolic ramblings in like kind. you really did have my respect.
until now.

ya, chase, i think it's a shame we can't have a meaningful dialogue, agree to disagree, act like adults, etc.
sad, really. a microcosm of what's wrong with the world at large...

anyway, i apologize to any and all who get/got a bad feeling from following this thread through to this point.

i'll be sure to steer well clear of politics in here for a while. :roll:

Osmer_Toby said:

hmmm. ok, i'm gonna try again to pin down exactly what you're saying here. basically, all you're trying to say is that you dislike intensely people raising issues if they don't do so from your point of view? it's an extreme irritant when someone does not share your beliefs?
man, i don't know how you make it through the day, siddy. must spend alot of time getting pissed off at people all around you who have the nerve to express their opinions.
reminder: you are the one who polarized this into left vs. right. not even an accurate portrayal of my personal politics, btw. you are the one who turned this into a personal attack session, thereby wasting a good opportunity for the rest of us to have a meaningful discussion.
perhaps if you can't stand the heat, you should stay out of the kitchen.

also, siddy, patriotism does not equal blind agreement with all of one's leaders. in fact, if you really love your country, you will do just the opposite and ask the hard questions at every turn.

as for belittling your comments, until now i truly had respect for you and your opinion, and did not respond to any of your vitriolic ramblings in like kind. you really did have my respect.
until now.

Still not reading or maybe understanding what I've written, still patronizing and still belittling huh?
Your respect is not what I seek or even care about since I strongly suspect your only interest is in pushing your own opinions.

Osmer_Toby said:
ya, chase, i think it's a shame we can't have a meaningful dialogue, agree to disagree, act like adults, etc.
sad, really. a microcosm of what's wrong with the world at large...

anyway, i apologize to any and all who get/got a bad feeling from following this thread through to this point.

i'll be sure to steer well clear of politics in here for a while. :roll:

My guess is that the only shame in your eyes is that someone called you on your propaganda pitch.
Hopefully you will steer clear of political BS in future.

Most reactions

Back