Muslins

bcmcknight77

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just landed a great gig photographing travelers on the Polar Express. Anyone know where I can get a backdrop with a train on it? Maybe some snow and a mountain? Close enough where it will make a cool keepsake, distant enough from the book/movie where I wont get sued. Suggestions?

Thanks!

I'm not sure if this helps but... I have been involved in theater for years and have been a scenic designer for 5 of those years. I would look to the internet for theater backdrop rentals (like Kenmark, Rosebrand etc.) and find a backdrop you like. Keep in mind that these will be huge (usually 20'x40' long), but you can take a printed copy of this backdrop (because they usually have thumbnail images on the site) to a local college art class. Usually you can commission one of the students to paint one for you. Usually these can be done very cheaply because of the "starving artist thing" in college. Literally paint it on a new painters canvass drop cloth (any Lowe's or Home Depot has these). I have also talked the teacher into letting a student use this "backdrop" towards a grade and for that, sometimes it can be free (but I'd tip them 20 or 50 bucks or so).

Find that school!!!

Thanks for the tips all. It's probably too late to commission a starving artist at a local college, but that's a great idea for the future.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back