Must post a bird pic now - must post a bird pic now...

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by LaFoto, Feb 5, 2006.

1. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    This blackbird was one of the few birds - the only one, I would say! - that did not fly away from me when one evening I detected him in the hedges that grow all around the swimming pool. Maybe it was also only just too cold to move?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Becky

Becky TPF Noob!

:lmao: You're too funny Corinna!

I like them, you've managed to capture the blackbird almost as if its in hiding, and the fact that its taken through the twigs and branches emphasises this feeling. The hint of the orange beak amongst the darker colours is great! :thumbup:

You're lucky the blackbird stayed still! I spent about 10 mins lens-up in the trees today chasing magpies, the beggars just would not stay at peace... I couldnt track them through the branches. It didn't help that some old bloke saw this as an opportunity to have a longwinded conversation with me about my lens at the same time, bless him.

3. JTHphoto

JTHphoto TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    i tried to take a photo of a quail like this the other evening in my backyard, but alas it did not turn out as good as these, the photos were all were deleted...

4. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Well, this one was an exceptionally friendly (or frozen?) quail (is that the word? Thought it was a blackbird :scratch: ) and didn't move in the least when I sneaked up upon it. The wifey was sitting a little further back in this hedge, as puffed up and plump and freezing in the cold as this one, but I was too happy about him not moving (for once!), so he got all the honours ;).

5. Raymond J Barlow

Raymond J Barlow TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    omg you are hooked!! good for you LaFoto, and I sure love to come in here to see your stuff! Must have been cold there, as it is all puffed out on the breast feathers to add insulation.

6. puzzle

puzzle TPF Noob!

#2 is great Corinna! You've caught the little guy's bright eye and beak very well (and yes, he's definitely a blackbird :) )