Must read books for a photographer

ifi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Are there any must read books for a photographer?

Also looking for some book recommendations on posing and poses.

Ansel Adams 1-5. 1, 2 and 3 anyway.

It's kind of like having a camera, love him or hate him it's common ground. Even if you only shoot digital you still need to know.

Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson and The Better Photo Guide to Exposure by Sean Arbabi.

I really liked the books of Scott Kelby. He's very honest and realistic and tells you how it is. Maybe more a book for the real beginner, but also incredibly funny!

Think you've all missed the most obvious one,,,,,,your camera manual!

It's kind of like having a camera, love him or hate him it's common ground. Even if you only shoot digital you still need to know.

Oh hell no. Anything but that fraud. Try The Perfect Photograph by Andreas Feininger.

Oh hell no. Anything but that fraud. Try The Perfect Photograph by Andreas Feininger.

Thank you for the response. Please tell me more about the fraud part.

Thank you for the response. Please tell me more about the fraud part.

Just do the opposite of what he says. Everything he says is wrong.

I found myself answering this often, so I wrote a post about it. Similar to the List KmH linked to. Myfotoguy: Recommended Photography Books

my number one favorite book so far is one the OP already has "The Photographers Eye" by Michael Freeman.

Most reactions

Back