MVA Rollover

DRoberts

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is the result of a rollover accident yesterday. The 16 year old driver was ejected and the SUV landed on top of him. Him and three younger kids were in the vehicle...no seatbelts.
This is truely one instance if he had been wearing a seatbelt he most likely would have been killed...see pic#4.

Picture007edit.jpg

Picture024edit.jpg

Picture021edit.jpg

The arrow is where the drivers head would have been if not ejected...
Picture026edit.jpg

were you out there by chance or were you there shotting for the paper (or something else?)?

its very dramatic.

thats horible. My buddy and his girlsfreind just pased away this week when her car rolled and his little brother is in critical care. Cars are very dangerus. Gives you a reason to make sure you drive safe.

wow nice captures, very scary to think how a seatbelt in this unusal circumstance would have not helped the kids.

GRUE-some pics...
These kids were Lucky - with a capitol L...
But WHY DO vehicle manufacturers design these Sports Utility Vehicles with soft-tops???
This vehicle (I see) was a FORD...
No... I'm NOT hitting Ford - other SUV makers are the same - they all advertise these vehicles with a bias towards SPORT/OFF ROAD/UTILITY/ADVENTURE... implying that these vehicles are capable of handling such conditions...
But in fact - because of their tall build - they are more prone to roll than your average car...
- so how much extra co$t to build in ROLL-BARS..? ROOF-REINFORCEMENT..? ABOVE-HEAD AIRBAGS..?
I agree with Front-Crumple / absorb-impact Front ends - but NOT with Crumple Tops...
Jedo

It looks like the SUV rolled directly onto a rock. That's some huge damage there. Also shows that the number one factor when it comes to surviving accidents is luck - but don't push it!

I have a lot of respect for firefighters and any of the front line guys, but from a purely photo stand point, these are all pretty average, all they really show is the recorded damage. These could have all been shot with a standard pocket point and shoot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back