My 1000th post..... at last!!!!!! (56k oops!!)

Hoppy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
According to Lostprophet 8 miles from Purgatory
Website
www.ianhopgoodphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is my prefered subject during the summer months. I hope you like them as much as I like taking them.

#3 Miss Jeffe Trayler as good as the blokes any day!!!

Please click on the image for a higher res version

Thank you for looking

Ian

GO ROSSI GO!!! lol

How did you get an opportunity to take these?

Thanks Anty.

Ripnowell, For the road Racing shots I tend to get to the track 4 hours before any normal person so I can stand right at the front. Quite a few of the circuits over here have low fences so there is nothing in the way, I'm trying to get my license to go track side but no luck as yet....
With the Speedway, last 2 shots, I have a license to stand in the middle of the track while these guys are racing around us. I'm glad you like them
Ian

Hoppy said:
Thanks Anty.

Ripnowell, For the road Racing shots I tend to get to the track 4 hours before any normal person so I can stand right at the front. Quite a few of the circuits over here have low fences so there is nothing in the way, I'm trying to get my license to go track side but no luck as yet....
With the Speedway, last 2 shots, I have a license to stand in the middle of the track while these guys are racing around us. I'm glad you like them
Ian

That is really cool... Road racing isnt as big in the US they have private track days and stuff like that but I have to drive atleast 3-9 hours depending on what track I want to go to. Moto GP only has one race a season in the US and that is at Laguna Seca in CA and that is way far.. One of these days when I have the money and time I will fly out there for it. Good luck with getting your license it will be an amazing experience to see those things fly right passed you.

congrats on the 1000th post :thumbup: .... cool series, great action shots.

Hoppy those shots are awful...

..ly good :lol

bout time you got to 1000 you WA spammer

I'm so jealous of these pictures.
What lens did you use for these?
They're so cool.

Congrats on 1000

Thank you all for your comments.

Neea. I either use a 100-400 L canon or 70-200 f2.8 L. I sometimes put a 1.4 or 2x extender on the 70-200 it usually depends on whether I go to the event by motorbike or car (amount of room for carrying stuff!)

Chase the sequence of that crash is on my web site, the shots aren't brilliant as it was quite far away.
Ripnowell it is well worth every penny (or cent in your case) it cost to go and see MotoGP live at least once, the sound of those bikes is amazing, the TV really quietens the noise too much. and the atmosphere..... One day I will make it to Laguna to see the "Cork Screw"....

I love 6 and 8, simply great. Did you have to run through a lot of shots to get this many that turned out so well? In my experience, keeping up with the subject so it stays in focus while the terrain is blurred takes a lot of practise.

Congrats on your 1000! Great series!!!...I'm just worry about the motorcyclist on #7...

kamilla said:
Congrats on your 1000! Great series!!!...I'm just worry about the motorcyclist on #7...

The bike travelled about 100 yards away from the rider, the crash happened at over 140mph, when the rider stopped he got up and RAN to the bike and tried to resart........He was just shaken and bruised.

Bla. Use a slow shutter spead relevent to the speed of the bike and pan(follow) the object over a short distance keeping the camera moving smoothly even after pressing the shutter button.

yj9xun.jpg

HOLY CRAP!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back