My 1st portrait shoot...c&c pweease :)

itsjustbrandy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It was fun! :) This is a friend of our's little girl.. her name is Willow. Please let me know what you think. These are a couple of my favs. I'm really looking for some useful criticism...:thumbup: or :thumbdown: ... I did do a little editing in photoshop... not a pro with it either :lol: and I know some do not care for the vignetting.. I can go either way.. I'm just experimenting... I do find it helpful, especially when you're working with a makeshift studio out of your dining room :blushing:
and if ya care to see more of this lil cutie...
http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i226/bata_babae/d90/Willow/?albumview=grid
muchas gracias :peacemrgreen:

Willow10.jpg

Willow3.jpg

Willow16.jpg

Willow7.jpg

Wow! @ photo 3, that is stellar.

I cant offer much critique on the others for im not too hot on portrait photography, and what i mean by that is im not too good at it, kind of irks me that her head is not in full in #1, 2

ooo yeah.. I can see that.. :scratch:
that's good advice, she would appear to be even cuter with her lil piggy tails in the photo.
:thumbup:

#1 Love the eyes. Would have liked to see her entire head including hair.

#2 is all that portrait photography is about. You captured the playful and humorous emotions of childhood.

#3 is awesome too. It's the classic "from above" shot that photographers use for child photography and for a great reason.

#4 If it weren't for the really cute pig tails (find them adorable :D) I wouldn't find it interesting at all.

I love the outfit you used for her. :thumbup:

I really like 2 and 3 personally in one I would like to see alittle bit less angle and in 4 more contrast

2 looks funny :lol:
love 4
1 needs photoshop more

kind of irks me that her head is not in full in #1, 2

This doesn't seem like too much of an issue for me, particularly in #2 where it feels like a product of "getting in close" rather than being lazy with composition. How much more of her hair could you want to see? #2 and #3 are my favorites of this set- nice work.

kind of irks me that her head is not in full in #1, 2

This doesn't seem like too much of an issue for me, particularly in #2 where it feels like a product of "getting in close" rather than being lazy with composition. How much more of her hair could you want to see? #2 and #3 are my favorites of this set- nice work.
2 is alright, i admit, but number 1, i just feel like youre missing something in the picture, and cropping out a bit would help, and by cropping out i mean stepping back ;)

Thanks for all the helpful advice! I really appreciate the feedback. :)

#1 reminds me of a drug addicted adult, whose not really expressing any emotion other then not looking at the lens. #3 your last image has connection with this audience and with me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back