My 1st Trying

Gentle Black

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello

It's my pleasure to share with you in this forum.

Last week, I bought a new camera (Nikon D90)

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to try my camera

In fact, these 2 pictures are the first trying for me in the photography world

I hope every one carp my pictures and tell me what are my mistakes.

qikkilz0z.jpg

b1rz128qk.jpg

Also, How can I minimize the picture without effect on its quality?

Thanks 4 every one

too much dead space at the top, could use a crop, would like to see it wider rather than taller.

landscapes generally need rectangal format...so full view of the photographic elements are shown......only thing, if u find sky/clouds more interesting, then include less foreground and vice-versa...the horizontal line shd be off-centre.

vertical may help when something taller is given importance, as if u include eiffel tower, to show it taller.....here vertical format will work.

landscapes generally need rectangal format
only thing, if u find sky/clouds more interesting, then include less foreground and vice-versa...the horizontal line shd be off-centre.

Welcome Mr.gopal

I want ask u about somethings that you wrote

What did u mean by rectangle format ?

2nd thing is " less foreground and vice-versa "

3rd thing is " horizontal line shd be off-centre "

sorry 4 inconveniencing u

1. You seem Very inexperienced with anything to do with Digital Manipulation

2. You seem to have bought a Semi-Pro camera yet im assuming your a beginner? which means at the moment you have wasted money on features you most likely wont use

3. Crop means Cut (remove the space you dont need), use a program like photoshop (£500 - 600 for full license or become a student and pay £100 - £200 for it until you leave college) you could also do it with Microsoft paint but yeah...

4. and 5. He means Rule of thirds (search it)

im guessing your shooting in Full AUTO mode....
The images are nice for a first try but if you want to call your self a true photographer, learn the camera, learn exposure, learn white blance, set all your settings yourself, get creative (dont always use the correct settings, change the settings to vary different aspects i.e. change the white balance so it doesnt fit in with the conditions your under to get a different output from your image,

Shoot in RAW (if you have photoshop or other tools that allow you to convert raw to jpeg if not just shoot jpeg but then you make things harder on yourself)

Im sorry.. but you have ALLOT to learn.
I have used photoshop for 3 years and only done photography for about... 6 months now (using a DSLR) but even at that i haven't took as many images as i should have (released the shutter about a total of around 700 times in 6 months)
Im still learning about photoshop and im OBVIOUSLY still learning about photography but i picked up allot in my first 3 months... the day i got my camera i set it straight to Manual mode that helped me allot but recently i have learned to set it to a priority mode ( i use aperture Priority more than anything tbh unless im depending on a certain speed)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back