My 365 project

Really like day 16. I'm curious as to what lens you find yourself using most during this project?

4270091907_a9a5ddc9eb.jpg

Strobist Info: SB-600 bare on shelf camera left, pointed upwards bounced off ceiling. SB-600 w/ Gary Fong diffuser on same shelf, pointed at me; all triggered via Nikon's CLS.

Wonderful picture, my question though is where are you researching at? haha, that's where my love for virology overcomes my interests in photography.

Thank you!

I work in a neuroscience lab, and we study the taste and smell systems.

Really like day 16. I'm curious as to what lens you find yourself using most during this project?

So far I've found myself shooting most with my 50mm 1.4...this doesn't surprise me though, as it's my best lens; sharpest, best color, and best bokeh.

I use my 35 when i need a wider angle, and my 105 when I wanna get creative.

Although they are very nice shots, they're starting to get very repetitive... a lot of bokeh. The self portraits are actually the only ones that are standing out for me right now, as they're different. Keep up the good work though! :)

Although they are very nice shots, they're starting to get very repetitive... a lot of bokeh. The self portraits are actually the only ones that are standing out for me right now, as they're different. Keep up the good work though! :)

Well, I'll tell you right now, if the bokeh is getting boring for you, stop now. There will be TONS more of these shots. Sorry they're not you're taste!

Day Five: (you really didn't think ALL would be bokeh? lol)

Ok, so I suck at self portraits, and strobing...so i'm practicing. This is me, doing science! Shot with 35mm f/1.8 and an sb-600 bare off camera to the right on a shelf, pointed towards ceiling and triggered via Nikon's CLS. C&C please on this one!

4250035000_d2206735d2.jpg

Really? Doing science? For real, or just posing? Cause you've got the lab coat and a mask and vial of whatever that is, but your hair is flopping all over loosely and you're not wearing gloves.

Looks well-composed, though.

Day Seven:

4256088660_9b5090c312.jpg

Schlemezle, Schlemozzle, Hasenfeffer Incorporated!

(Laverne & Shirley reference, for those of you under 30. OK... under 35! My parents watched it when I was little. Oh, and I'm sure I spelled it wrong, but if you've seen the opeing sequence of Laverne & Shirley, you know what I mean).

Last edited:
Bokeh Facial. Love it. Keep it up.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back