My 500px Portfolio

Considering your pictures are so beautiful and airey, I'd go for or at least try a white or lighter color background to compliment those pictures, and I'm just not liking the pictures not showing up full screen, however that in itself presents a whole new problem. Landscape orientation would work great, but you would be cropping pictures that are in portrait mode in order to 'fit-to-screen' them.

I guess then it comes down to gauging which ones are majority , landscape or portrait.

And yes, the site is a bit slow to load. I doubt that's got to do with the size of the pictures, but more so with the 500px system.

Off the topic, how much are you paying for this monthly/annually?

And have you tried photoshelter or any other similar websites?

Also. I'd lose the background picture, I think its distracting from the beauty that stands before you. A plain background would however bring all the attention to your pictures.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thanks so much for expanding on your thoughts Hiten and I'm glad you enjoy my work! You gave me some great things to think about.

I paid ~ $90 (Canadian $ with tax) for the year. I tried doing a Wordpress site and it would have been awesome if I could make myself finish it and maintain the galleries but I found that it was being totally neglected and a waste of money for myself. My familiarity with 500px and that it is already part of my routine made it the right option for me at this point.
What..? That's weird, the 500px.com awesome membership ( comes WITH the portfolio) is $75..?

Life, that $75 is USD, convert to CDN and add tax and you end up with $90.

The birds set seems out of place.

Pixel, I checked out your 500px, I love some of your creative abstracts and the colors are gorgeous…Nice job! Some of these would make for some fantastic artwork on some office walls…Beautifully done! :hail:

Thanks so much you two! Funny, I revamped it yesterday and today ;)

You mean the horribly painful part where I can't hide behind my pictures? Lol I put a placeholder in and we must forge ahead ;)

Uh, no... the part about what inspires you. You're firmly at the "artist" stage whether or not you acknowledge it to yourself. Put up that bit that we worked on. It fits. It describes what you do. And it describes why people love those images. You're ready, Judi.

Ok ok ok ;) I got out of bed and came down and replaced it before I could think about it too long... it's there now!
(but I'm not reading it again or I'll cry again lol :p )

Most reactions

Back