My attempt at panning

MohaimenK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Was at the "beyond basic" section and read about someone asking about panning. Got me really curious. Tried takink pix outdoor but no luck as its raining cats and dogs outside. Next best thing was the blue gym water bottle. Any thoughts on the shots? This is my first time taking any panning shots so please be gentle ;)

PanningBottle004.jpg

PanningBottle005.jpg

PanningBottle006.jpg

You have the idea but in order to get a really good panning shot you need to have an attachment to the camerea for the bottle instead of your hand. You want absolutely no movement so that the subject stays sharp.

You have the idea but in order to get a really good panning shot you need to have an attachment to the camerea for the bottle instead of your hand. You want absolutely no movement so that the subject stays sharp.

Yeah, it was a bit hard but couldn't resist from the curiosity. I am sure if i use a tripod on a moving car I might have a much better luck. But beside the writing on the bottle, does it look sharp? It is my first attempt :)

Here's another attempt with Canada Dry can (hahaha) But I think they came out much much better than the bottle. One thing, for the 1st shot, I did bump up the brighness a small bit with photoshop.

CanaDry004.jpg

CanaDry003.jpg

Just go outside and take a picture of a car.

Just go outside and take a picture of a car.

Another day...as I said in my ealrier post:

"Was at the "beyond basic" section and read about someone asking about panning. Got me really curious. Tried taking pix outdoor but no luck as its raining cats and dogs outside. Next best thing was the blue gym water bottle. Any thoughts on the shots? This is my first time taking any panning shots so please be gentle ;-)"

really.. it is not that hard panning a car LOL.. Try it on a nicer day. The car doesnt have to go that fast. Maybe 15-25 mph will do.

1st canada dry shot looks good to me, the best of the bunch. You don't need a tripod for panning shots either, just practice, 1/15 shutter speed, follow subject smoothly and keep going after the shutter is tripped, follow through till shutter is fully closed. H

Most reactions

New Topics

Back