My attempt at some flowers

mamarazzi_hrd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Most of the time I am photographing my children, so now that my wildflowers are finally growning, I gave it a try.....

flower2.jpg

Flower1.jpg

I like the second one! I like how the stem really isn't in focus and the flower kinda seems to be floating.

either that or I'm a blind idiot, who knows

I can't comment on the technicals but I like the first one very much. Great shots.

I wish the top part of the flower was in the frame in the first, but overall these are very nice.

I'm not much of a technical kind of guy either however i like these pictures. Is it just me or are the petals not in focus on the first one? It just doesnt seem focused right. It's not as sharp as the first one. Either way i love the light coming through the petals so in that aspect well done :)

I'm not much of a technical kind of guy either however i like these pictures. Is it just me or are the petals not in focus on the first one? It just doesnt seem focused right. It's not as sharp as the first one. Either way i love the light coming through the petals so in that aspect well done :)

I think he was going more for the stems (proper term anyone?) in the center rather than getting the FULL flower. I think it's great, as mentioned before the stem is gone - very small area of focus here which looks great!

I'm not a big fan of the first one... but that's just personal preference.. nothing wrong with it that I can see.

The flowers are both very soft. I prefer to see all the petals in focus whenever possible.

The softness that both these photos have works well with the second, since also all the colours are quite muted and soft.
The first doesn't convince me as much, though, in its softness (along with the bold orange colour), and through the fact that you clipped into some of the top petals. Also the little white flower (weed?) in the foreground is not helping the photo.

But believe me, out of the hundreds of flower pics I've taken in my life there is maybe one or two of my own that really convince me. The others are nothing but "nice".

Most reactions

Back