My attempt of THE newborn pose!!

Thanks! I've been trying this pose for EVER and I finally read on another blog how it's done...I don't mind sharing with all of you that have helped me along my journey..... It's actually a composite of two images!!! One the mom is holding the head (get the lower half) and the other holding the hands/chin or prop the baby and get a top of the head shot. Merge the two together :) Some people do right side and left side. This one I actually just had the mom hold the top of his head and photoshopped her hands out!! A newborn session should take place BEFORE they are 12 days old for the best results. Any of you that have tried older one's know what I'm talking about...forget sleepy baby poses! At that age this pose is pretty impossible to do without some photoshopping. Plus, you don't want to hurt them.

It is awesome!! I love it!! I think it is perfect!! A little bright for my taste, but I love the pose! Love the look the baby is giving with the squishy lips~

Sure, here is the original:

4928931733_17f799c65a.jpg

Soooo adorable, it looks lovely =)

I like your second edit... it's still got the brightness, but is much easier on the eyes.

One thing I'm seeing, though Jen, is a bit of blue casting in the shadows of his arms and legs...probably casting from the blanket. It's making his skin look a bit cool in those areas, when it isn't a problem with your skin tones, it's just a cast in the shadows.

Definately liking the 2nd edit over the first. A bit more pleasing and soft I feel rather than overpowering.

Most reactions

Back