My attempts @ HDR:

iHTCHBK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Im fairly new to taking pics and I have been trying to do these photo's for a good 4 days.Helpful info/insight is greatly appreciated.
I know they are alittle overboard I NEED HELP! :mrgreen: Sorry if you dislike I am trying my best.

secondattempt-1.jpg

022And8more-1.jpg

lv2-1.jpg

2255-1.jpg

first one looks quite good - although it says "butt monkey" on the wall ;)

I really like the first one. It exhibits a lot of emotion. Not so crazy about the sky coloration tho. Was that natural or added?

2. Not interesting at all. I'm skipping it.

3. Could be good, except the car is distracting. It looks like the image was physically burned a little. If you could exclude the car from the darkness - that would be excellent.

4. similar to no. 3

Overall - i feel like its obvious you were "painting" your image. i could be wrong, but it seems as if around the final 2 cars - you were adding effects a little wrecklessly...which might totally be intended, and might totally be my perception..not sure, but its what I see when i look at them.

I really like #3. I think its a great image for what you intended it to be. Makes the car look really exotic. Its a bit overdone for your "standard" HDR, and I use the word standard very liberally here, but it fits the dangerous fast car look very well.

what program did you use to create this?

In all photo's the sky .. THAT just happened?.As far as the car's looking grainy I tried to get rid of that but didn't work too well.

1) the sky just ended up like this I could make less of it noticeable.Thanks

2) This was my "attempt" @ a normal HDR?.

3) Any tips on how to exclude it from the darkness?.

4) Read above.

In all but number 2 I was trying to get the more crazy look.I really enjoy those style pictures I am not trying to do anything 100% perfect but would love to have some insight on my mistakes.Im sure I could take alittle more time and mess around w/the settings but this was a pretty serious attempt.

Thanks for the post. :thumbup:

I am using Photomatix Pro3.

And as far as [butt monkey] goes.. yea well that was not meant to be there.hahahah

i like the first the best. the vines and windows give the building good character. the wood doors look like they are glowing. good job!

First and last, just make sure you don't show that middle to anyone, they are far too obvious! Just remember to take a healing tool to "buttmonkey", if you are showing that to your mother.

I really like the first ones, imo its one of the better beginner hdr's ive seen lately.

I really like the first shot, but I find car shots, especially overdone HDR ones, to be boring as snot, so I won't comment on those.

I think #1 is the strongest but the halos in the sky are not appealing. Skies, esp blown out ones, cause this to happen way too frequently with HDRs. It's one of those situations where HDR is only half the job and patching back in bits of the original image is the second half.

I'd also completely clone out the telephone wires.

The mustang might benefit from a tighter crop. It also has halo problems.

Most reactions

Back