My Avatar

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by MrFSS, Sep 11, 2004.

1. MrFSS

MrFSS TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    That little picture of me was taken on 9/11/2001, a day we all won't forget.

I'm sitting in the conductor's seat of an Amtrak train going 121 mph between Providence, RI and Boston. (I love trains!)

My wife and I were vacationing in the area and didn't learn what had happened until we got off the train in Boston, where we had planned to spend the day. As you can imagine, it put a damper on the rest of our vacation.

I will always remember where I was on 9/11. Do you? Take any pictures that day?

2. PrimaryCanary

PrimaryCanary TPF Noob!

That's an interesting question. I think your avatar captures something. Prior to those events, everyone was doing their own thing, lost in their own little world. Then the nation united, not a common thing. I too was unaware of the events of 9/11 until 11am (I had a physics class). And just like your picture, everyone was in class laughing, joking, sleeping, being themselves, unknowing of the outside world. It is true, ignorance is bliss.

3. airgunr

airgunr TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Don't have any of the day but posted a spooky one I took the winter before. Look for a post by me on "World Trade Center". I think I put it in the Photo Gallery section but don't remember off hand.

BTW, welcome to the forum. I, as I'm sure other do, remember the day all to well. I heard about the first tower as I was getting ready to head over to work, I live on the property. By the time I walked into work the second tower had just been hit.

That's when I realized it was an attack and we were now at war. A war that would not soon be over nor easily won. This was a decades long campaign we would have to embark on.