my awesome wife....... 7 pics- 5 color/2 B&W

John_05

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
.... surprised me with a couple new lamps and a tripod today. no, theres no pics of her, im not THAT brave, but i did retake a couple shots i tried before with the new lamps and tripod, and used a couple ideas i learned here.
the lamps she got have 2 sides to them. one is clear and the other is frosted, and they use halogen bulbs. i guess she listened to me more then i thought when i was talking about needing better light. so much for assuming she was just going along with my "ranting" :lmao:
she said when she saw them she thought they were close to what i described that i wanted, so she bought them for me. she said she figured that having one clear side and one frosted side would mean i dont have to try to burn down the apartment by covering a lamp with a sheet or something else that might be flammable. with my memory and short attention span, thats a big concern. we dont need me forgetting i left a sheet over a bulb when i go answer the phone and forget what i was doing before the phone rang. :lol:
to make a long story short, she also got me a new tripod. i have 2 others, but again she listened when i told her i wanted a full size one that had the same features of the mini tripod i have. the one she got for me also has 2 quick release platforms. needless to say, i think i have the best wife in the world, and there still isnt a day that goes by that i dont thank God i have her in my life.

ok....on to the pictures. i posted a picture of the same compass i tried shooting before, but it didnt come out as well (IMO) as these ones did. after reading some threads here about how some people reflect light onto what they shoot, i figured it would probably be the best way to get better shots being so close to the subject i was shooting. all i did was use the extra light and i draped a towel off of the shelf on my desk and aimed the lights until i got the light onto the compass without too much glare, or seeing the lamp in the reflection. i took 2 in color, and 2 in B&W for the people here that like B&W.

4f01b050.jpg

03cea269.jpg

8066b79c.jpg

e7762277.jpg

this next picture is a cool paperweight she got for me a few years ago. i had a couple other pics of it, but i wanted to try to get better pics showing the color and detail, so i shot a couple pics of that too.
a40ca7ef.jpg

the last 2 pics are shots she took. the first is my desk with everything set up, and the 2nd (im being forced to post it, by her :confused: ) is a shot she snuck of me while i was trying to set up the shots i took. thats the last time i leave my camera in her hands when im not paying attention. i hate having my picture taken, and always having a camera now is a good way to help assure that straight shots of me will be nearly impossible to get. im not very photogenic, to say it nicely. :lmao:

d6b1d84d.jpg

26cf63ac.jpg

any comments/suggestions/critique is very much appreciated! thanks again for looking!

grats on the new gear! what a nice spouse you must have! the shots looks great! i'm sure you'll be havin a lot of fun with your new "toys" :thumbup:

nice job! What camera did you use for these shots?

thanks SlickHare and Immski.

i do honestly believe i have the best wife on the planet. i could type all the reasons why, but that would take me a month and would make this thread too long for even cable users to open. :lol:

so far i have had alot of fun with the new tripod, and i have been using the new lights to shoot alot of small collectibles. they really help a lot.

the camera i used for the shots i took (#'s 1-5) was my Fuji E510. the 2 my wife shot were with my Kodak DX7630.

sorry for the bump. i just wanted to see if i could get anyone elses opinions/advice. :mrgreen:

tgates said:
I'm not seeing your images. There's a message that says they've been removed.

sorry about that. i was rearranging my photo album and accidentally moved them. they are working again.

thanks MyCameraEye. its not really a "set up", i used to have a computer on that desk, but i sold it. i had all my camera equipment on my other desk and it was getting cluttered, so i moved everything to that desk.

i took some shots of the compass before to try the macro mode on the Fuji i have, and they didnt come out so well. i figured seeing that i had a little more light to work with, and some new ideas i found here, i would try it again. heres the other ones i took before that i posted a couple weeks ago.

as you can see, the newer pics came out a lot better (IMO). now all i have to do is get to work on taking pics of all the football/baseball cards, coins, and other small collectibles we have before my wife starts wondering why i wanted more lights if i wasnt going to use them. :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back