My baby boy - CC welcome

aliciaqw

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's a shot I took a couple of weeks ago but just got around to editing. There were others that I edited right away, but this one got by me. I wish there was eye contact, but that doesn't always happen with a 7 month old.

CC is always welcome. Especially on PP, color, skin tones, lighting. Are his eyes overdone? I didn't do anything to them except sharpen when I sharpened the whole photo for web. I even went back and erased some of the sharpening.

This was taken in natural light coming from a sliding glass door directly behind me.

Sorry about the watermark going right through his head. Oops!

4617418178_146760005b_o.jpg

Great natural light. Dunno if I'd touch the shadow on the wall (to the right) or leave it alone. I like that there are no distractions, just a nice clean portrait. Clothes don't really go with the eyes - doesn't matter though.

Did you crop this at all?

Beautiful, and adorable little guy =)

Cute little tyke! The eyes are a bit overdone IMHO. The skin tones look very realistic.

great photo. What pp program?

Thanksm everyone. Sometimes I have "mommy goggles" and don't know if the photo is a good one, or if I'm just obsessed with my son :)

Great natural light. Dunno if I'd touch the shadow on the wall (to the right) or leave it alone. I like that there are no distractions, just a nice clean portrait. Clothes don't really go with the eyes - doesn't matter though.

Did you crop this at all?

I wasn't sure about the shadow. It didn't bother me too much, but maybe I'll work with it to see what looks better. I did crop a bit of head room, but the limb chops were done in camera. Oops! I was standing outside as it was with the 50mm. I need to remember to "step back" in most cases, but I would have fallen on top of the garage had I gone any futher...haha.

Cute little tyke! The eyes are a bit overdone IMHO. The skin tones look very realistic.

I had concerns about the eyes. Maybe I'll erase all sharpening from them? I don't want them to look softer than the rest of the photo. Will play around and see. Thank you for the skin tones comment-- I've been working hard on that.

great photo. What pp program?

I use Elements 8 right now. Waiting for CS5 in a couple of months but I've found some hidden features in Elements I might try out later (curves, CMYK, masks, etc). For now I'm just using whatever Elements has readily available.

Most reactions

Back