My Barn owl is still here, and........ (on going updates)

This thread is fascinating, thanks for sharing!
You've gotten some really good shots considering the conditions.
Do you think the missing chicks could have fledged? I've read that this is about the time when they start to leave.

Very nice! No don't spook her. In many years of birding in the US I never saw one.

This thread is fascinating, thanks for sharing!
You've gotten some really good shots considering the conditions.
Do you think the missing chicks could have fledged? I've read that this is about the time when they start to leave.

Maybe they left. I hope they did. The one owlet was a lot smaller than the others, so it may have been pushed out on feedings and died. I need to get some owl houses built once I have a little time. :)

Great stuff. Keep them coming.

Thanks!

Very nice! No don't spook her. In many years of birding in the US I never saw one.

I have had some much going on that I don't get the time to keep as close track of them as I would have liked. But I also really don't want to over do it. Photos aren't worth jeopardising them. :)
I have better than I would have thought, in finding owls. There are still a few owls Kansas has I haven't gotten. Next on my list is a Great Horned adult. :)

Update! I was outside finishing up some watering (it's 9:45pm) completely dark out, with the moon shining though, and all of the owlets are out with mom flying around!!! Sorry for not having a photo, but not much I can do at night. :)

Great thread, I guess they will start flying soon.

Update! I was outside finishing up some watering (it's 9:45pm) completely dark out, with the moon shining though, and all of the owlets are out with mom flying around!!! Sorry for not having a photo, but not much I can do at night. :)

Most reactions

Back