My beautiful oldest daughter

That's what I had done was open them up side by side and couldn't see anything. Maybe it's just me. So when you did a smooth gradient...did you lighten it up under the eyes?

Personal opinions, only...

1. I think you have a tendency to lean way too heavily on effects and processing. Were I you, I would try to steer clear of them for a while and focus on the basics.

2. If you and your daughter are comfortable with what these images portray then that's fine, but for me personally these images portrayed an aura of promiscuousness. Let me be clear... I am NOT saying that she is... I am merely saying that the images said this to me. And you must also keep in mind I'm a 38 year old Bostonian... we New Englanders can often be considered stuffy.

3. NOW... all the above being said... one technical tidbit that throws this more harshly into "seriously looks promiscuous" is the one with her sitting on the chair with her legs open. Because of the way the chair blocks her, it looks like she is wearing nothing on her bottom half and has her legs wide open... this kinda screams what I'm talking about in 2.

4. Overall, I do like the first one the best. I personally think the eyemakeup is too much, but that's preference. Again, see stuffy bostonian comments earlier.

5. I think the one with her with one leg up on the chair has too much dead space and should be cropped. The down angle on this one struck me as a little odd, but that's just preference.

I do think you've come a long way. Get some off-camera lighting and you'll be a way better portrait photographer than I could ever hope to be. :)

Thanks for you opinion. It's appreciated. With that being said...that's what we were going for. All of her friends are going to this photog here and these are the only pics he does (but most are nude)...I tried to tell her that I can achieve the same look, WITH clothes on. She was fully clothed in all of them...even the wrap. Her friends are doing some seductive pictures and that's what they are all wanting. A lot of them are married as well. Gifts for the hubby or boyfriend. But, that's what they are in to and wanting so that's what I provided while keeping them safely dressed and unexposed.

As for the processing...again as stated before, she wanted a lot of processing with different looks, backgrounds etc. in each of them. She didn't want anything "boring" and she said. Her and her friends were extremely happy about the looks of them and want more. That's just what they are preferring and the "trend" around here at the moment. I guess that's what matters.

No harm in voicing your opinion. I welcome all comments and critism. :thumbup:

2. If you and your daughter are comfortable with what these images portray then that's fine, but for me personally these images portrayed an aura of promiscuousness. Let me be clear... I am NOT saying that she is... I am merely saying that the images said this to me. And you must also keep in mind I'm a 38 year old Bostonian... we New Englanders can often be considered stuffy.

I kinda felt the same way, but I didn't want to say anything...

To me, these are a lot sexier than I would have expected a mother to shoot with her daughter.

Don't get me wrong - they are good. But they are sexy, I don't know how you feel about people thinking that way about your daughter.

If you're cool with it, I can handle it, lol!

^^^ just to be clear... I didn't use the word sexy. I used the word promiscuous. You can be sexy without being promiscuous, and there is a difference. For me, I would think any parent would be a little leery of the former, and far more leery of the latter.

I'm not picking on you, Josh, I just want to be clear that I'm making a distinction between the two words and an important one.

Thanks for you opinion. It's appreciated. With that being said...that's what we were going for. All of her friends are going to this photog here and these are the only pics he does (but most are nude)...I tried to tell her that I can achieve the same look, WITH clothes on. She was fully clothed in all of them...even the wrap. Her friends are doing some seductive pictures and that's what they are all wanting. A lot of them are married as well. Gifts for the hubby or boyfriend. But, that's what they are in to and wanting so that's what I provided while keeping them safely dressed and unexposed.

As for the processing...again as stated before, she wanted a lot of processing with different looks, backgrounds etc. in each of them. She didn't want anything "boring" and she said. Her and her friends were extremely happy about the looks of them and want more. That's just what they are preferring and the "trend" around here at the moment. I guess that's what matters.

No harm in voicing your opinion. I welcome all comments and critism. :thumbup:

Fair enough, and very cool. You gave your client what she asked for. :thumbup:

By the way, I have to compliment you... I was wincing when I wrote those remarks, and you handled them with total class. Actually... I don't want to compliment you... I want to thank you. If more folks could take a fairly rough set of comments like that and respond the way you did, this forum would be perfect!

Thanks! :) You made my day! :)

...I tried to tell her that I can achieve the same look, WITH clothes on.

If that's what you were going for - you succeeded. Sometimes leaving a little to the imagination goes a lot further than showing it all.

Fair enough, and very cool. You gave your client what she asked for. :thumbup:

By the way, I have to compliment you... I was wincing when I wrote those remarks, and you handled them with total class. Actually... I don't want to compliment you... I want to thank you. If more folks could take a fairly rough set of comments like that and respond the way you did, this forum would be perfect!

Thanks! :) You made my day! :)

Oh no problem at all. I'm here to learn, take in advice from others and see others points of view. You can't learn and improve without it. Whether you agree or disagree with others, it still helps you grow and learn. I welcome all comments. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back