My Best Indoor Shot

south9border

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Can't remember what fstop or lens I used lol so I can't ask for C&C, but enjoy
edit: please ignore that green line at the bottom right, digital glitch I guess...

HallSunlightBrighter.jpg

what where you hoping to say with the image? Any emotions...what was your main subject matter?

I find the photo overall soft / out of focus and the white light is a bit too bright for my taste.

I really wanted to just show the power and beauty of the sunset, it sets directly through that front door and turns the whole house bright orange/pink. I tried to capture that in this picture.
I also really like the stringy-ness of the dried palm leaves. That's the focal point I both exposed for and want people to be drawn to
Those where the two main focuses. Thanks for the comment!

Hmmm... yeah, I thought that was a really bright light at first too. It is distracting... try that shoot again without having the sunset so overexposed and I think it will turn out better. But I do like the overall antique feel of the picture. That's a really cool door you have, I've never seen one like that. Also, if you use Photoshop, you can get rid of that green line in a jiffy.

thanks sly, I appreciate the critiques. I'm going to mess around this weekend

If the leaves were your focal point, then I think you missed the mark, and for 2 reasons:

1- the sun is so bright, it draws the viewer right away. I hadn't even noticed those leaves the first time I looked at the image

2- if you want them to be your focal point, you need to get the more in the frame, zoom on them, take a different angle. Right now, they are given the same amount of important in the image as the thing they are resting on.

yeah thats a super gigantic blowout. If you expose for the sunset, you'll underexpose the room by far. I'd suggest you don't try that photo again unless there's clouds blocking the sun or something else. Maybe a carefully placed grad filter

WOW the light is so intense! Thanks for the explanation about the sunset. Look kind of eerie to me - seems like UFO just landed! ;)

Most reactions

Back